Vinyl Me Please Rap & Hip Hop

oh wait there is something secretly awesome about the image

gl67dl0joj561.jpg

every other copy of the album is just a single LP.. that 2nd LP is all of the El-P beats

This is a great album. This is the 5th straight month that I've already owned a copy of the rap pick, and this will be the 3rd time out of 5 that I'm gonna go ahead and double up anyways and not swap out unless the Classics pick blows me away. The instrumental disc is a nice bonus to differentiate enough from my copy.

I think this is Killer Mike's best album (along with RTJ2, and just ahead of PL3DGE). It also has one of my favorite songs ever in "Willie Burke Sherwood".

So we really think the March ROTM is going to be a 3LP? Have they ever done a 3LP ROTM?

TECHNICALLY maybe if you count the 7" included in the score

other than that no

first for everything but i have a weird hunch they wouldn't do a 3LP

I don't see any other album that it could be for March. They could fit the music on 2 LPs, I think it's 70 minutes or so (~18 minutes per side). I know the original was 3LP but 🤷‍♂️

I don't see any other album that it could be for March. They could fit the music on 2 LPs, I think it's 70 minutes or so (~18 minutes per side). I know the original was 3LP but 🤷‍♂️
Yeah, they can definitely fit 70 minutes onto two discs! I think the VMP reissue of Eyedea & Abilities’ First Born will be a 2LP pressing (hopefully so).

Kendrick Lamar’s To Pimp A Butterfly is 80 minutes and is on two discs. I am sure the VMP pressing for First Born will be a 2LP pressing also as it’s a shorter album and will be a ROTM!

Last edited:
Also, I wonder if the VMP pressing for Quasimoto’s The Further Adventures of Lord Quas will contain the bonus track “Broad Factor”, which was a track which was later included on their 2013 release ‘Yessir Whatever’. 🤔

Also, I wonder if the VMP pressing for Quasimoto’s The Further Adventures of Lord Quas will contain the bonus track “Broad Factor”, which was a track which was later included on their 2013 release ‘Yessir Whatever’. 🤔

I wonder if it will include 'Rapcatts' & 'Civilisation Day' as well? both appear to be missing from most pressings

I wonder if it will include 'Rapcatts' & 'Civilisation Day' as well? both are missing from most pressings
Oh I didn’t know about that! That’ll be interesting too; whether VMP includes those two tracks in their ROTM! Fingers crossed they are able include them on their exclusive pressing! 🤔

Yeah, they can definitely fit 70 minutes onto two discs! I think the VMP reissue of Eyedea & Abilities’ First Born will be a 2LP pressing (hopefully so).

Kendrick Lamar’s To Pimp A Butterfly is 80 minutes and is on two discs. I am sure the VMP pressing for First Born will be a 2LP pressing also as it’s a shorter album and will be a ROTM!
But will that just make the album sound worse?

new VMP hints released today for Rap & Hip Hop sub:
a producer on the 1st album was a ROTM artist, the 2nd album is our 3rd ROTM with this artist, and the 3rd is our 2nd with this label

Back