Vinyl Me Please Rap & Hip Hop

Dunno if we all saw, but Pauly updated his original reddit comment with the following:

So while we can tsk-tsk VMP for "should've known better" when working with Tommy Boy, at least it sounds like going forward they might strike up a genuine partnership with Lord Finesse.

In other, unrelated news this VMP tweet caught my eye:

In addition to more confirmation that Lord Quas is on the way, looks like there's going to be another Madlib-related RHH coming up as well? Lootpack or Jaylib maybe? Ooh, actually I've been wanting Dudley Perkins' Expressions (2012 A.U.) for a while. It's a fun, mostly overlooked album he did with Declaime.

Maybe new Madlib is Black Star?

RHH_Q1_Composite_1920_x_960.original.jpg

They noted Quasimoto will be complete on vinyl for the first time, so Rappcats Pt 3 (and I think maybe another track) will be included.

I dunno how much wasted space is on the original triple LP release of First Born, but maybe they were able to squeeze the whole thing on a two-LP release.

RHH_Q1_Composite_1920_x_960.original.jpg

Getting to debut this 20th anniversary edition is a huge honor for us
This quote from storf let's me hope for a wider reissue of the 20th anniversary of first born

It might fit on 2, it's only 70 minutes, but I wouldn't be surprised if they cut the bonus track again. Maybe this will be their new thing, releasing crummier versions without bonus tracks when all other pressings have them.
They should be able to fit everything on 2LP - based on the tracklist, longest side would be ~20 minutes.

And as noted above, the Quasimoto will actually be the first time the full tracklist will be on vinyl.

They should be able to fit everything on 2LP - based on the tracklist, longest side would be ~20 minutes.

And as noted above, the Quasimoto will actually be the first time the full tracklist will be on vinyl.
Unless it is advertised as in that case, based on the Finesse release, I would not count on any bonus tracks. You'd hope they learned their lesson, though.

definitely going for quas and killer mike... but i just dont know if i want eyedea and abilities... it seems a bit too "lyrical miracle" rap that i never can enjoy

Unless it is advertised as in that case, based on the Finesse release, I would not count on any bonus tracks. You'd hope they learned their lesson, though.
They may very well could not include it, but I was just noting that the cut down from 3LP to 2LP doesn't mean they need to remove tracks since the run-length as is should fit on 2LP.

Also, as far as I know, the original standard 1LP pressing of Lord Finesse also didn't have Actual Facts on it, I think it was only on the 2LP pressing (the one with the 2nd disc of instrumentals) that Actual Facts was included on vinyl.

Also, considering they actually included a bonus track on Fishscale, and included the skits on Muddy Waters, and doing a 2nd disc of instrumentals for Killer Mike, and are supposedly pressing the first version of the Quas album with the complete tracklist, that kinda counters the whole not including bonus tracks and releasing crummier versions thing.

They may very well could not include it, but I was just noting that the cut down from 3LP to 2LP doesn't mean they need to remove tracks since the run-length as is should fit on 2LP.

Also, as far as I know, the original standard 1LP pressing of Lord Finesse also didn't have Actual Facts on it, I think it was only on the 2LP pressing (the one with the 2nd disc of instrumentals) that Actual Facts was included on vinyl.

Also, considering they actually included a bonus track on Fishscale, and included the skits on Muddy Waters, and doing a 2nd disc of instrumentals for Killer Mike, and are supposedly pressing the first version of the Quas album with the complete tracklist, that kinda counters the whole not including bonus tracks and releasing crummier versions thing.
Yeah I agree they should be able to fit everything in there. As long as there aren't any weird track lengths.

The original pressing did include Actual Facts, it just wasn't listen on the cover, which is why people refer to it as a bonus. At least that's what several people who owned it said back when this release happens.

Last edited:
Does Rhymesayers still have the rights to First Born?
I think so. They're still selling the digital version on their site.

And one of the VMP clues was this was the 2nd ROTM they've done with the label, and MM Food is the only other Rhymesayers record they've done.

I think so. They're still selling the digital version on their site.

And one of the VMP clues was this was the 2nd ROTM they've done with the label, and MM Food is the only other Rhymesayers record they've done.
Thanks. Not trying to start anything, and I haven't been completely keyed into all this, but figured this might be of interest to some if that was the case:

Back