Vinyl Me Please Rap & Hip Hop

I do wonder why Tical lists as having sold out. I doubt anyone was hyped up for this one. Looks to be another lame package, no mention of any mastering information, which usually means it's just a GZ cut. I'd rather just save the $$$ for an OG press.
I'm wondering if it's a carryover from Outkast, and they just haven't updated the portal. I could be wrong though.

I remember a few months back after the Carter III ROTM announcement, I basically asked them about this exact situation: When the amount of copies you press of a ROTM fluctuates so wildly, how do you deal with a situation where an incredibly popular ROTM is followed by a not-so-popular one? If you have 10,000 R&HH spots available for a Lil Wayne record, and 7,000 for a Juvenile record (Note: I'm making these numbers up), how do you deal with the fact that you already have more members than you do copies of the next ROTM in stock? Their response was basically "Don't worry about it, we have it figured out but we won't tell you how, and we'll cross that bridge when we come to it"

VMP, meet bridge

I remember a few months back after the Carter III ROTM announcement, I basically asked them about this exact situation: When the amount of copies you press of a ROTM fluctuates so wildly, how do you deal with a situation where an incredibly popular ROTM is followed by a not-so-popular one? If you have 10,000 R&HH spots available for a Lil Wayne record, and 7,000 for a Juvenile record (Note: I'm making these numbers up), how do you deal with the fact that you already have more members than you do copies of the next ROTM in stock? Their response was basically "Don't worry about it, we have it figured out but we won't tell you how, and we'll cross that bridge when we come to it"

VMP, meet bridge
Yeah, much like last month I'm calling it right now. This is gunna be another debacle with Tical.

I really think they need to consider the Run Out Groove model. Announce the album months in advance and let the members decide if they want to pre order the album or swap it. I know some don’t want to wait 3-4 months but that’s kind of already happening now due to too many people in a sub and not enough copies to go around.

Either that or make a hard cap on subscribers (10k lets say) with a waitlist for every month and if a release doesn’t sell out, open it to non subscribers after the month it’s released.

Back