Vinyl Me Please Rap & Hip Hop

Either that or make a hard cap on subscribers (10k lets say) with a waitlist for every month and if a release doesn’t sell out, open it to non subscribers after the month it’s released.
You mean like they used to do

Yeah you used to have to wait for an invite to the club.. I remember that was back when I first subbed with dilla

I mean it's simple math. If you press 10,000 copies of Outkast and it sells out. Then you only press 7000 copies of Tical, you need 3000 people to voluntarily drop RHH or you are going to have members who have been signed up and paid for this track that are not going to get a copy, even though it says on their orders sheet they will. Because obviously the dumb inventory program just says "You're still signed up for RHH, congrats you'll get this!" Even though for 3000 people that won't be true.

(Numbers are made up, I have no idea what they are. Maybe they pressed the same amount of both Outkast and Tical... But I think that's unlikely.)

I just recently found out about VMP (wished I had known sooner just for the De La records) and was about to bite the bullet and join the club because of Tical. Welp, waitlist here I come and I'll just buy it outright if it becomes available and avoid the disappointment so many of you paying members experience. I really want to join VMP RHH but seeing the feedback of this forum it's getting more and more difficult to do so.

I just wanted to drop in here and say hey to all the good people that migrated from the VMP forum. The closing of that forum seems to have been the beginning of a series of terrible decisions by VMP. I honestly can’t wait until August when my subscription is up. Even the swap options have been horse shit the last few months. Not to mention the price hike on everything.

They matched quantity with Outkast, manually changed it to sold out to make overselling impossible, and they'll list whatever survives swaps. That's roughly what I expected, but you never know with VMP

hmm, I was signed up for Outkast but was automatically dropped/blocked from the RHH add-on when it switched to Tical. not super pressed about it, but there it is. guessing this is because my annual sub is "scheduled to cancel" even though that's not til 2020.

I'm really on the fence on Tical but leaning on the cancelling for the month. But I'm also nervous that there will be a lockout when there's one later that I'll want

hmm, I was signed up for Outkast but was automatically dropped/blocked from the RHH add-on when it switched to Tical. not super pressed about it, but there it is. guessing this is because my annual sub is "scheduled to cancel" even though that's not til 2020.
Yeah this right here is the shit I expect to happen to numerous members this month. The whole blanket statement of "don't worry if you were signed up you'll get it" is hogwash I tell you... HOGWASH!

I ended up dropping this track when it looked like Tical was the choice. One of the early Wu-Tangs I could never get into. Not sure why, but that's that. Anyway, I didn't need this in my collection.

Interestingly, when I go to my members page, I don't even have the option to re-sub for RHH. Nothing's there. Like it doesn't even exist.

Back