Vinyl Me Please Rap & Hip Hop

Don't pretend you never heard the GRAMMY Award Winning Rap Album of the Year, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis - The Heist.
Ugh that album was absolutely everywhere for me when I was like a sophomore in college. My roommate played it nonstop too. It honestly has a couple fine tracks on it but how it won rap album of the year over Kendrick or Yeezus is beyond words.

It’s It Takes A Nation Of Millions To Hold Us Back by Public Enemy. Most important, influential, astonishing album by greatest act in Hip Hop. Fear Of A Black Planet could be argued as just as good but Nation set the scene, raised the bar and can never be followed due to changes in sampling rights etc. Articulate and intelligent Chuck with the greatest hype man ever providing relief, they are Ying and Yang. Flavor is the spoonful of sugar that makes the medicine go down. As a white male it opened my eyes to black consciousness and struggle, as a minority in a religiously divided country it showed me the importance of education over violence. Totally revolutionary stage show with the S1Ws, revolutionary soundscapes - almost musique concrete mixed with no wave dissonance but blaring and funky, thanks Bomb Squad. Which rap album is more important?
That was my first thought on the description.

It’s It Takes A Nation Of Millions To Hold Us Back by Public Enemy. Most important, influential, astonishing album by greatest act in Hip Hop. Fear Of A Black Planet could be argued as just as good but Nation set the scene, raised the bar and can never be followed due to changes in sampling rights etc. Articulate and intelligent Chuck with the greatest hype man ever providing relief, they are Ying and Yang. Flavor is the spoonful of sugar that makes the medicine go down. As a white male it opened my eyes to black consciousness and struggle, as a minority in a religiously divided country it showed me the importance of education over violence. Totally revolutionary stage show with the S1Ws, revolutionary soundscapes - almost musique concrete mixed with no wave dissonance but blaring and funky, thanks Bomb Squad. Which rap album is more important?

I would be ecstatic for a quality 2xLP repress of It Takes a Nation of Millions. My copy is pretty beat up but I still listen to it regularly. But like someone else mentioned, it would seem like a rap album this big would belong in Essentials.

Maybe it's like Outkast in that they think people would be less apt to sign up for an album that's not difficult to get? Not that the two are similar. I could just see they maybe are leery to do another rap album as an Essential since they still have Eclipse sitting around. De La was the first repress so the buzz was pretty big. I mean most "massive rap albums" have already been pressed and are easy to get. .

Maybe it's like Outkast in that they think people would be less apt to sign up for an album that's not difficult to get? Not that the two are similar. I could just see they maybe are leery to do another rap album as an Essential since they still have Eclipse sitting around. De La was the first repress so the buzz was pretty big. I mean most "massive rap albums" have already been pressed and are easy to get. .

I’m a big Outkast fan.

But if it isn’t PE the description is bullshit. I’m only annoyed they aren’t going to do exclusives with it. Apocalypse, Muse Sick are all killer

As much as I want to agree with you, I think you're mistaken and Fear .... took them to a whole other level. Bomb Squad at peak production, Chuck and Flav coming as hard as they ever would. It Takes A Nation is an incredibly important record but Fear is in a league with very few others.

I’m a big Outkast fan.

But if it isn’t PE the description is bullshit. I’m only annoyed they aren’t going to do exclusives with it. Apocalypse, Muse Sick are all killer

PE next to NWA was the single biggest musical revelation of my youth. I would be fully onboard with all PE albums getting some sort of special treatment.

A proper deluxe 2XLP version of either of those PE albums would be great. The current reissues sound really bad. I have an OG Masterdisk cut of Fear but it has a big bubble on track one that I didn’t spot in the shop. Sound is decent but it’s far too much music to cram onto a single disc. Still I don’t trust VMP to do anything deluxe on this sub besides a shiny jacket!

A proper deluxe 2XLP version of either of those PE albums would be great. The current reissues sound really bad. I have an OG Masterdisk cut of Fear but it has a big bubble on track one that I didn’t spot in the shop. Sound is decent but it’s far too much music to cram onto a single disc. Still I don’t trust VMP to do anything deluxe on this sub besides a shiny jacket!
Yeah my OG copy of Nation sounds ok but far too much music on one disc. Plus it skips and is noisy so I could definitely use another copy. An exclusive of Fear would be ideal too.

As much as I want to agree with you, I think you're mistaken and Fear .... took them to a whole other level. Bomb Squad at peak production, Chuck and Flav coming as hard as they ever would. It Takes A Nation is an incredibly important record but Fear is in a league with very few others.

Important though Clint. Not best.

Back