Vinyl Me Please Rap & Hip Hop

the thing with slowthai to me is i like him... but i dont think i got all the context of history to really truly get the style and appeal of nothing great about britain. not being there with how brexit and UKIP has effected the UK, how nationalism has fucked up the country, the culture of grime (i listened to like a couple grime songs like dizzee rascal and stormzy, but never listened to a lot of it). but i do see how it could easily be called transgressive, i dunno what really makes it so amazing (it was so good even a friend i had who was a ukip supporter fucked with his music... and then got offended when he did a decapitation of boris johnson)

It would be cool if they included the digital deluxe tracks if it is Slowthai.
Yaaaaaaaaaaas!!!!! It would be amazing if we got those bonus six tracks! That would make the ROTM extra special! And those bonus tracks are all great and sound like quality album material, not just weak leftover tracks! 💯

I’m looking really forward to seeing what they do with this Slowthai ROTM!!! 🙇‍♂️

Also, I am so relieved that we will not be getting DaBaby as the Rap & Hip-Hop ROTM! Phew! 😅

1571230550710.gif

I heard his early mixtapes were pretty good.

His verse on this track sounds like it'd be on one of his albums, which makes me wonder what he actually has planned for us if he thought this was cool to leave on a compilation album

His early mix tapes were great which is where I got into him. He had lots of bangers on them too, which is why I think a lot of people didn't feel him when he came out with his albums that were more low key than the mix tapes. Grown Simba off of the Warm Up mixtape is still one of my favorite tracks of his.

I’m sooooo happy right now!!!!! 😃😃😃

Nothing Great About Britain is 🔥🔥🔥

I’m so happy VMP have done exclusives this year from Freddie Gibbs & Madlib, Denzel Curry and Slowthai! 🙏😇

And now we could be getting JPEGMAFIA this year too!!! That would be the icing on the cake! 🌈

Back