Vinyl Me Please Rap & Hip Hop

Hud Dreems - worst pick of the year imo, it was compared to dilla....oh the blasphemy it cuts so deep šŸ¤¢

Yah how dare people compare an instrumental hip-hop album of off kilter drums and soul samples to Dilla. You do realize Knxwledge samples Dilla all over Hud Dreems and he is one of his biggest influences along with Madlib, right? Comparing them is only natural.

Yah how dare people compare an instrumental hip-hop album of off kilter drums and soul samples to Dilla. You do realize Knxwledge samples Dilla all over Hud Dreems and he is one of his biggest influences along with Madlib, right? Comparing them is only natural.

That's where the comparisons stopped for me. The quality of the output is miles apart

That's where the comparisons stopped for me. The quality of the output is miles apart

Comparing two artists doesn't mean you are saying they are equal. Hud Dreems was compared to Dilla because its a good comparison for people to decide if they would be interested in the album. If you like Dilla style instrumentals, chances are you will like Hud Dreems. That isn't really an offensive position to take.

Comparing two artists doesn't mean you are saying they are equal. Hud Dreems was compared to Dilla because its a good comparison for people to decide if they would be interested in the album. If you like Dilla style instrumentals, chances are you will like Hud Dreems. That isn't really an offensive position to take.
No your right I know this. My point is & only in my opinion is that if we compare Knxwledge & Dilla its Jason Derulo & MJ in terms of output. Hud Dreems just isn't that good at all but hey that's subjective

Da Baby is Grading On A Curve: The Rapper. He's a thoroughly "meh" MC who benefits from being slightly more technically skilled than most popular rappers nowadays whose main focus isn't on being a traditionally good MC (not that there's anything wrong than that). Drop him in any other time period for rap, even three or four years ago, and no one would be checking for him.

Do people here like Da Baby? Had to sit through his set at Soundset this past summer for a good spot for RTJ and he was wack as hell. Terrible performer.

I liked him when I've heard him as a featured artist in various tracks this year, and I liked his XXL freshman stuff. But I have no motivation to explore him any further

I like a bit of DaBabyā€™s latest album ā€œKirkā€. Especially the song ā€œIntroā€! Thatā€™s one of my favourite rap songs this year so far. I definitely see potential in DaBaby after he dropped that album! But I always saw potential in J, Cole to drop a great album and that never happened in my opinion. So weā€™ll see how DaBaby goes!

And I love his verse on Megan Thee Stallionā€™s ā€œCash Shitā€! Itā€™s sexy, blunt and infectious!

But I do not care for his debut album ā€œBaby on Babyā€. That album was like a 4/10 for me!

i did like the intro to his most recent album.. but i never really wanted to listen to dababys music

Yeah, that had me expecting a decent tape but I practically fell asleep afterwards, such a massive loss of momentum that is becoming more commonplace in the stream & skip era. Really donā€™t get all the attention he gets besides the observation @chrb98 makes that heā€™s more technically talented than most of his peers so he seems relatively talented in context. Personally if I want to hear someone who can really rap in the traditional sense I have no issues stepping back to the earlier eras of the genre but I guess Iā€™d you want a passable artist today whoā€™s just bread and butter rap youā€™ve got Da Baby.

Back