Vinyl Me Please Rap & Hip Hop

Probably top 3 female-led rap record ever.
Top 3 female-led rap albums (excluding Lauryn Hill’s The Miseducation Of Lauryn Hill It’s too debated on whether that release is neo-soul or hip-hop. Most tracks on there don’t even contain rapping, so I’m not including it).

1. Bahamadia - Kollage
2. Little Simz - Grey Area
3. Lil’ Kim - Hardcore

I know there was a lot of ghost-writing for Lil’ Kim’s “Hardcore”, but the bars were really there and her raunchy personality really was something special!

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaas! I love your wife’s hip-hop collection lol

I kinda wouldn’t mind if it was Eve just so then your wife keeps that bling, ratchet, gangsta hip-hop collection going 😂

But still, it better be Da Brat! I’m pretty sure it will be Da Brat, especially as R.E.M.’s Monstsr was NOT confirmed to be the Essentials ROTM 🙏😅

She had a very weird phase in middle school, apparently.

I'd prefer Da Brat over Eve, but I'm still thinking the '94 is gonna be Essentials.

VMP never did an Aaliyah exclusive. They did sell the white MOV version in their shop though

You're right, now that I remember it... it was curated the same month as the En Vogue album I purchased through them.
And, if I am remembering correctly, it took a few months for Aaliyah to sell out then. I clearly remember the album popping up as a store option in late June and was still seeing it in store in late August/early September.
This is a long way of saying that I think it's Da Brat.

I really want VMP to do Aaliyah’s third and final album - Aaliyah.

That album is incredibly diverse and has a cool, punk-like edge to it. It’s like Janet Jackson’s Janet. mixed with Kali Uchis’ Isolation mixed with Ciara’s The Evolution!
Agreed! I think that would be a great Essentials option actually.

Jesus I missed out on the VMP glory days. I want Aaliyah and En Vogue!
That would be heaven!!! I’m craving an Aaliyah VMP exclusive so badly. And i’d really, really like a En Vogue “Funky Divas” VMP exclusive!!!

My Lovin’ (You’re Never Gonna Get It) is the best stripper/sex tease song ever!

WE NEED EN VOGUE’s FUNKY DIVAS!!!!!!

@Jmcg85 - I heard you’re not very happy with this Da Brat R&HH ROTM! 🤭

Do you prefer Da Brat’s Funkdafied bring a R&HH ROTM or The Roots’ How I Got Over? Also, if you prefer Da Brat’s Funkdafied more than The Roots’ How I Got Over......then what do you rate Funkdafied out of 10? 🤔

Also, one last question. Do you prefer Da Brat’s Funkdafied over Method Man’s Tical?

Me thinks you would love Da Brat’s Funkdafied because you love Snoop Dogg’s Doggystyle!

Back