Vinyl Me Please Rap & Hip Hop

Honestly this is the first record in a while on this track that was not currently in print on vinyl. This is OOP, fairly expensive ($40-50 range for a NM) , and even the in print CD is fairly pricey. I'll have to see how the package is though.
It's a good album. No filler. Easy to throw on repeat. I'll gladly add a copy to my collection but it's been a while since I've been Wow'ed by VMP just feels meh again personally. Vinyl colour to tie in with the cover?

It's a good album. No filler. Easy to throw on repeat. I'll gladly add a copy to my collection but it's been a while since I've been Wow'ed by VMP just feels meh again personally. Vinyl colour to tie in with the cover?

Totally agree their picks have been lame and safe, and I haven't even been subbed since OutKast, and that really only sucked me in as that record needed a 2xLP and I loved the songs that were missing from the record previously. I do think Da Brat is slept on, and in general female rappers from the 90s don't get a lot of respect so to a certain degree I guess this is more interesting than say Tical was.

I'm not really intrigued too much by color or art variants, so I'll have to see what they can do for this. Maybe cut it loud at 45RPM? For 90s stuff I try to stick to OG issues if I can afford it as most had really good dedicated cuts, but I'm not sure I want to drop $50 on this record at all. I'd say I'm slightly excited if its a decent package sonically for half that, but still I'd be cautious.

Totally agree their picks have been lame and safe, and I haven't even been subbed since OutKast, and that really only sucked me in as that record needed a 2xLP and I loved the songs that were missing from the record previously. I do think Da Brat is slept on, and in general female rappers from the 90s don't get a lot of respect so to a certain degree I guess this is more interesting than say Tical was.

I'm not really intrigued too much by color or art variants, so I'll have to see what they can do for this. Maybe cut it loud at 45RPM? For 90s stuff I try to stick to OG issues if I can afford it as most had really good dedicated cuts, but I'm not sure I want to drop $50 on this record at all. I'd say I'm slightly excited if its a decent package sonically for half that, but still I'd be cautious.
Yeah that's actually fair what your saying about this album. It's hard buying 90s OG hiphop, so many I want but just wont pay the prices....I'm looking at you Luniz - Operation Stackola 😞

oi!!!! FKA TWIGS is great SHE is worth checking out!
I love FKA Twigs so much. She is one of my favourite musicians this decade!

I’m so keen to hear her new record and I really wished I could’ve seen her live tour she’s doing this year!

FKA Twigs’ music is everything! I love her dancing so much too! I love the her hypnotic, sexual, runway model vibe/music!

Looks like September RHH is gonna be a wife record month. When she was younger she listened to a lot of BOTH Da Brat and Eve. 😆
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaas! I love your wife’s hip-hop collection lol

I kinda wouldn’t mind if it was Eve just so then your wife keeps that bling, ratchet, gangsta hip-hop collection going 😂

But still, it better be Da Brat! I’m pretty sure it will be Da Brat, especially as R.E.M.’s Monstsr was NOT confirmed to be the Essentials ROTM 🙏😅

Most would probably lump Da Brat with Eve because they hit the mainstream around the same time with their pop rap and catchy hooks, but Funkdafied sounds nothing close to that, and has a great vibe for fans of G-Funk.
Yeah, Funkdafied has a very strong G-Funk sound. It is definitely a summer/sunset album.

Back