Vinyl Me Please Rap & Hip Hop

Its a trap @Jmcg85

giphy.gif

@Jmcg85 - I heard you’re not very happy with this Da Brat R&HH ROTM! 🤭

Do you prefer Da Brat’s Funkdafied bring a R&HH ROTM or The Roots’ How I Got Over? Also, if you prefer Da Brat’s Funkdafied more than The Roots’ How I Got Over......then what do you rate Funkdafied out of 10? 🤔

Also, one last question. Do you prefer Da Brat’s Funkdafied over Method Man’s Tical?

Me thinks you would love Da Brat’s Funkdafied because you love Snoop Dogg’s Doggystyle!
Of those three albums only Method Man Tical gets full Mark's from me and I would consider a proper classic, I love that album.

Between roots and da brat there both very good albums, I actually cant criticise them much at all to be fair but they dont excite me as a ROTM pick. I wont holding my breath waiting on either to arrive. Be lucky to spin them at all probably.

When we get clues like 1999/1994 or "Modern Classic from 2010" it gets very exciting because of the amount of great music that it could be. Then we get presented with How I Got Over & looking like Funkdafied now, it's a shoulder shrug of disappointment to be honest. Not bad albums just meh picks imo

I would like some more 1994 hip-hop VMP exclusives! Because we have a good bunch already! 🙌

Here are 1994 hip-hop that VMP have already pressed (and will be pressed)!:

The Notorious B.I.G. - Ready To Die
Digable Planets - Blowout Comb
OutKast - Southernplayalisticadilacmuzik
Main Source - Fuck What You Think
Method Man - Tical
Da Brat - Funkdafied

Now, we already know The Beastie Boys’ “Ill Communication” recently received a nice reissue and that VMP will never press NaS’ “Illmatic” due to his sexual assault history ❌😩

Here are five other 1994 hip-hop albums that i would love VMP to press!: 🤞

Craig Mack - Funk Da World
Scarface - The Diary
Warren G - Regulate.....G Funk Era
Organized Konfusion - Stress: The Extinction Agenda
Pete Rock & C.L. Smooth - The Main Ingredient

I want more 1994 hip-hop on vinyl!!! 🤗

They also said 2 upcoming are first time on vinyl.

Rebirth,I am not a human being 1 & 2, Lights out & The Block Is Hot.

I will be happy with any of em tbh
Why do you want Lil Wayne’s “Rebirth” on vinyl???? That album is fucking hideous and atrocious..... 🤦‍♂️

Lil Wayne’s I Am Not A Human Being 1 & 2 are very average as well. We just need Lil Wayne’s Tha Carter. That’s all! We got Tha Carter II and Tha Carter III which are excellent albums. We just need Tha Carter and we are done with Lil Wayne 🖐

Seriously though, you liking Lil Wayne’s Rebirth and also preferring Eve/DMX/Ruff Ryders more than De La Soul, Handsome Boy Modelling School and The Roots cracks me up! 😂😂😂

Of those three albums only Method Man Tical gets full Mark's from me and I would consider a proper classic, I love that album.

Between roots and da brat there both very good albums, I actually cant criticise them much at all to be fair but they dont excite me as a ROTM pick. I wont holding my breath waiting on either to arrive. Be lucky to spin them at all probably.

When we get clues like 1999/1994 or "Modern Classic from 2010" it gets very exciting because of the amount of great music that it could be. Then we get presented with How I Got Over & looking like Funkdafied now, it's a shoulder shrug of disappointment to be honest. Not bad albums just meh picks imo
mmmmm I totally understand where you’re coming from. I feel the exactly the same way in terms of anticipation. I get super hyped when we receive clues like that as well.

I think Da Brat’s Funkdafied is actually a great pick. It’s unexpected, fresh and under the radar and was an album that doesn’t have any filler in my opinion. It also has a very particular aesthetic. Like a really warm, steamy sunset mixed with graffiti/Scooby doo mixed with LA palm trees. I really like the aesthetic of Funkdafied!

But I think The Roots’ How I Got Over and Knxwledge’s Hud Dreems were pretty disappointing choices! Da Brat’s Funkdafied is definitely an improvement.

And like I said, if we get the track “Da B Side” as a bonus, then this will be a top 5 R&HH ROTM!!!

I Am Not A Human Being 2 is trash, what you mean?
That’s what I mean by “very average”. It’s just a polite way of saying trash. I Am Not A Human Being (2010) did have some great tracks though. I think “Single” is a trippy, warping, woozy, dizzying, Body-grinding, sleepy classic!!! 👌

Nothing on I Am Not A Human Being 2 was great though. That album really was trash! 😂

I think Da Brat’s Funkdafied is actually a great pick. It’s unexpected, fresh and under the radar and was an album that doesn’t have any filler in my opinion.

THIS ALL DAY!

But I think The Roots’ How I Got Over and Knxwledge’s Hud Dreems were pretty disappointing choices!

Mmmmmmmmmmmm no, can't agree here.

HIGO may not be the first choice for people for this track, but I am genuinely excited to have it on my turntable and in my racks. Great album, and I hope this leads towards exclusives of other Roots albums.

And I know it's not a popular opinion, but I love that Knxwledge album. I was not familiar with his work before, and instrumental hip-hop is new ground for me, especially only being familiar with J Dilla's work. It not only brought an important artist to my attention, but it caused me to want to look further into this sound/style and, in that regard, I think VMP did a good thing with this as a pick. I just wish/hope that there were other, less-known/pressed releases of his that could also get wider vinyl treatment.

That’s what I mean by “very average”. It’s just a polite way of saying trash. I Am Not A Human Being (2010) did have some great tracks though. I think “Single” is a trippy, warping, woozy, dizzying, Body-grinding, sleepy classic!!! 👌

Nothing on I Am Not A Human Being 2 was great though. That album really was trash! 😂

Yeah, I'm a huge Lil Wayne fan but even I can't defend Human Being 2. The first one I think is really underrated though.

mmmmm I totally understand where you’re coming from. I feel the exactly the same way in terms of anticipation. I get super hyped when we receive clues like that as well.

I think Da Brat’s Funkdafied is actually a great pick. It’s unexpected, fresh and under the radar and was an album that doesn’t have any filler in my opinion. It also has a very particular aesthetic. Like a really warm, steamy sunset mixed with graffiti/Scooby doo mixed with LA palm trees. I really like the aesthetic of Funkdafied!

But I think The Roots’ How I Got Over and Knxwledge’s Hud Dreems were pretty disappointing choices! Da Brat’s Funkdafied is definitely an improvement.

And like I said, if we get the track “Da B Side” as a bonus, then this will be a top 5 R&HH ROTM!!!
Scarface - The Diary or Craig Mack - Project : Funk Da World would have been such amazing picks

I'm content with Da Brat - Funkdafied just not excited about it

Why do you want Lil Wayne’s “Rebirth” on vinyl???? That album is fucking hideous and atrocious..... 🤦‍♂️
Say what you will, but I'd take Rebirth over a lot of other mediocre, overlong albums that come out, because if nothing else Rebirth is entertainingly awful and an auditory trainwreck. That's an album only someone as big as 2010 Wayne could have gotten released; that would have been a career killer for most artists.

THIS ALL DAY!

Mmmmmmmmmmmm no, can't agree here.

HIGO may not be the first choice for people for this track, but I am genuinely excited to have it on my turntable and in my racks. Great album, and I hope this leads towards exclusives of other Roots albums.

And I know it's not a popular opinion, but I love that Knxwledge album. I was not familiar with his work before, and instrumental hip-hop is new ground for me, especially only being familiar with J Dilla's work. It not only brought an important artist to my attention, but it caused me to want to look further into this sound/style and, in that regard, I think VMP did a good thing with this as a pick. I just wish/hope that there were other, less-known/pressed releases of his that could also get wider vinyl treatment.
How I Got Over is a great album. It’s not because it isn’t one of the better The Roots albums, it’s because I feel like it doesn’t need to be put in the spotlight. But then again, I do actually like this pick a lot. I just felt like it wasn’t that much of an exciting pick, that’s all. The music on that record is very crisp, clean, contemporary and has a neo-Soul/indie rock vibe to it. So it felt like a bit of a safe pick as it’s a VMP crowd pleaser.

I also really like Hud Dreems as well. But I’m disappointed because VMP didn’t do anything super special with that release. I felt like that album didn’t really need to be put in the spotlight either. I thought Method Man’s Tical was a great album to put in the spotlight! Hud Dreems feels more like a store exclusive. Lil Kim’s “Hardcore” was a store exclusive......Hud Dreems wasn’t though 🤔

Then it’s not happening then! VMP wouldn’t do that. I have a feeling we really won’t be getting Eve. I think we actually will get Da Brat’s Funkdafied! 🤞😊
I would like some more 1994 hip-hop VMP exclusives! Because we have a good bunch already! 🙌

Here are 1994 hip-hop that VMP have already pressed (and will be pressed)!:

The Notorious B.I.G. - Ready To Die
Digable Planets - Blowout Comb
OutKast - Southernplayalisticadilacmuzik
Main Source - Fuck What You Think
Method Man - Tical
Da Brat - Funkdafied

Now, we already know The Beastie Boys’ “Ill Communication” recently received a nice reissue and that VMP will never press NaS’ “Illmatic” due to his sexual assault history ❌😩

Here are five other 1994 hip-hop albums that i would love VMP to press!: 🤞

Craig Mack - Funk Da World
Scarface - The Diary
Warren G - Regulate.....G Funk Era
Organized Konfusion - Stress: The Extinction Agenda
Pete Rock & C.L. Smooth - The Main Ingredient

I want more 1994 hip-hop on vinyl!!! 🤗
Wooo The Diary or Stress would be great.

If VMP could work some magic and get Stress out, I could forgive a lot.

Main Ingredient is great, but I was able to get and original for a reasonable price, so I'd rather see Mecca & the Soul Brother.

Say what you will, but I'd take Rebirth over a lot of other mediocre, overlong albums that come out, because if nothing else Rebirth is entertainingly awful and an auditory trainwreck. That's an album only someone as big as 2010 Wayne could have gotten released; that would have been a career killer for most artists.
Mmmmmm I know what you mean! When something is so bad, it can be so good too 😉

I really see where you’re coming from. Like it was such a statement in a way for Lil Wayne to do something like that! But this ain’t no gamechanger like 808’s & Heartbreaker. Usually when an artist does something bizarre like M.I.A. did with her 2010 release MAYA, it ends up being a gamechanger. Like that album was industrial and abrasive and definitely influenced Kanye West’s Yeezus and I would even say Death Grips’ sound.

Lil’ Wayne’s The Rebirth did nothing because it was very uncreative, one dimensional and sounded terrible. It hasn’t had any significance since it got released in my opinion.

SMH, like bitch please. Don’t tell me you can’t name a great female rapper in the game right now because they all sound like they are rapping about the same thing........🤯

UMMMMM Jermaine Dupri,......you obviously haven’t heard Rapsody or Little Simz releases from this year! Even Noname is incredible! 💁‍♂️💡

I don’t expect the guy to know more lesser known artists like Sampa The Great, Tierra Whack and Leikeli47. But this guy doesn’t know much about what’s hot in hip-hop right now 🤦‍♂️

SMH, like bitch please. Don’t tell me you can’t name a great female rapper in the game right now because they all sound like they are rapping about the same thing........🤯

UMMMMM Jermaine Dupri,......you obviously haven’t heard Rapsody or Little Simz releases from this year! Even Noname is incredible! 💁‍♂️💡

I don’t expect the guy to know more lesser known artists like Sampa The Great, Tierra Whack and Leikeli47. But this guy doesn’t know much about what’s hot in hip-hop right now 🤦‍♂️
I don’t like Jermaine Dupri as a person. I never have, even though I love a lot of the contributions he’s done to music.

That guy is such a tool. He’s so up himself 🤮

Back