Vinyl Me Please Rap & Hip Hop

but we aint nuthing but mammals
well, some of us, cannibals
Who cut other people open like cantaloupes
But if we can hump dead animals and antelopes
Then there's no reason that a man and another man can't elope
But if you feel like I feel, I got the antidote
Women, wave your pantyhose, sing the chorus, and it goes

I think it is purdy, I like this album and the Roots are one of my favorite group, but I already have this on vinyl. I just wish they would've reissued Phrenology instead.
I would've swapped for any of the Fania stuff if it were an option. :(
Yes. I need Phrenology on vinyl. Having as ROTM or a VMP exclusive would’ve been awesome. 😢😩

Aston Martin Music is the only song by Rick Ross I really like! That song is sexy, breezy yet dense and has this luxurious, dark murky aesthetic that’s magical. A really catchy hook by Drake too! 💎

Oh god, I really don’t want Rick Ross though!

NOOOOOOOOOOOO! 🙅‍♀️🙅‍♂️

I do not want any Rick Ross! Please don’t be Rick Ross ❌❌❌

I want Playboi Carti’s Die Lit, JID’s DiCaprio 2 or Megan Thee Stallion’s Fever as the first time vinyl releases! 🤞
Rick Ross will be essentials and the art print will be a picture of him with 2 hard salamis nestled underneath each underboob.

NOOOOOOOOOOOO! 🙅‍♀️🙅‍♂️

I do not want any Rick Ross! Please don’t be Rick Ross ❌❌❌

I want Playboi Carti’s Die Lit, JID’s DiCaprio 2 or Megan Thee Stallion’s Fever as the first time vinyl releases! 🤞
I'm down with Die Lit or DiCaprio 2 (I haven't heard Fever yet). Playboi Carti would be cool but I don't think it'd make me sub back. JID on the other hand... I couldn't deny it.

I don't think Rick Ross would be a great choice but when guessing these things, personal taste (and, it seems as it goes on, common sense) has to go out the window. If VMP got the chance to do a Rick Ross album you think they'd pass on the opportunity? No way.

I think a lot of it is just semi-casual fans who are like “Ooh OutKast” and the “Ooh The Roots” regardless of the album’s prior vinyl release history. They’re the ones who push the sales over the top to sell out fairly quickly.
You say that like it’s a bad thing. Some people (not semi-casual fans included) would just like to have a club they’re a member of provide them with a limited edition version of a good album then spend less money for a standard edition elsewhere. HIGO is a GREAT album that should excite a lot of people even if it’s not Phrenology, or Things Fall Apart or Illadeplh Halflife not just semi-casual “ooh Roots” fans. Like it seems right now that people are like “What the fuck is this? A limited special collectors edition of a great Roots album?!? How dare they!!”. Just a silly thing to be pulling the “VMP fucked up again” card on. If you in particular are not triggered by this and I’ve misinterpreted your post, my apologies for looping you into my rant.

side note: if you don’t like the variant I understand that angle, makes sense.

This the jam

Rick Ross’ rapping voice is ugly and that album cover is ugly and his music doesn’t have enough character to make me attracted to it...

I’m too attractive to have Rick Ross in my collection because he comes off a bit as too much of a flog, douche-y. Like his music isn’t wild enough or creative enough or he doesn’t embrace his flogness. I dunno 🤷‍♂️

You say that like it’s a bad thing. Some people (not semi-casual fans included) would just like to have a club they’re a member of provide them with a limited edition version of a good album then spend less money for a standard edition elsewhere. HIGO is a GREAT album that should excite a lot of people even if it’s not Phrenology, or Things Fall Apart or Illadeplh Halflife not just semi-casual “ooh Roots” fans. Like it seems right now that people are like “What the fuck is this? A limited special collectors edition of a great Roots album?!? How dare they!!”. Just a silly thing to be pulling the “VMP fucked up again” card on. If you in particular are not triggered by this and I’ve misinterpreted your post, my apologies for looping you into my rant.

side note: if you don’t like the variant I understand that angle, makes sense.
Some people aren't in it for the color of the vinyl and collectors items. So when that's the only draw, meh. For me HIGO is good but not great, and wouldn't get as many spins as at least 4 other Roots albums, so to me it seems like a weird pick. Hopefully it is a quiet flat pressing and sounds great for those who love it more than me.

Back