Vinyl Me Please Rap & Hip Hop

Did you just call Jon Batiste "random" and "annoying"? I just wanted to clarify before the New Orleans folk come a runnin with their pitchforks.

When colbert got the upgrade and came back with him he was just the awkward guy interrupting and being random.

So yeah he is the annoying random guy who interferes with colberts greatness.

Is this even a classic Roots album now? I'm torn because I love this group so much. I want to get the Things Fall Apart deluxe edition but dang it's expensive...
iI you don't pick up HIGO and apply those $23 to Things Fall Apart, Things Fall Apart becomes much more affordable. I own a RSD verstion of Things Fall Apart from a few years back and I am tempted to grab this for the deluxe book that comes with it. Questlove is a music scholar and would love to have him take me through their best record track by track.

I am on the fence, I do not have HIGO and would not likely purchase it if it were not a ROTM. That being said I enjoy the presentation alright and my swaps are getting slim. I am going to keep it for now but I may switch it over to Darrell Banks before swaps closes.

While HIGO is certainly not the greatest Roots project I think we’re neglecting the fact that The Roots are an EXCEPTIONAL hip hop group with an impressive discography and HIGO is still a fantastic hip hop record that is well produced and well illustrated. I think a lot of us are salty because it’s not the Roots best record but when you put it into the RHH line up it’s up there amongst the great RHH releases through VMP. We gotta take off the “screw vmp” glasses to remind ourselves that this is a treat musically. It feels like a lot of us are just searching for reasons to be upset with VMP. Like cmon y’all its The Roots and every song on this album with the exception of Web 20/20 SLAPS and is catchy af.

Back