Vinyl Me Please Rap & Hip Hop

Curious, what makes it so good, I’m on the fence . I would have grabbed it if they didn’t change the color .i dug the orange and kind of hate the hot pink . I was going to grab a regular one on eBay for a few bucks cheaper Is it worth getting the VMP copy over a regular copy if it does show up in swaps?

Can someone post a shot of the stencils? I actually like the stencils but can’t find a pic of this one.

So I just bought the regular version. It’s a gatefold and nice package too. I like the orange as well. Sounds great. I imagine the VMP is the Same in terms of sound

Sooooooo, I actually really like the Knxwledge in pink.

For some reason, my brain always tries to picture this:

1566526391502.png

But always ends up reverting it back into THIS, which I saw first:

1566526472409.png

I know, I know, not the same thing.
But my brain somehow turns this shit into one of those magic eye things.

Screen Shot 2019-08-22 at 10.44.29 PM.png

Can someone explain how it's too early to say? While I appreciate the Magic 8 Ball style response, I thought I was asking a yes or no question. Doesn't VMP know how many members received the R&HH for August and how many of September's R&HH title you have being pressed? If September's number is more August's, than more spots should be available, right? Based on everyone's prognostications for the 3 tracks, I would imagine even more folks will be wanting to switch from Essentials to R&HH or Classics.

View attachment 15014

Can someone explain how it's too early to say? While I appreciate the Magic 8 Ball style response, I thought I was asking a yes or no question. Doesn't VMP know how many members received the R&HH for August and how many of September's R&HH title you have being pressed? If September's number is more August's, than more spots should be available, right? Based on everyone's prognostications for the 3 tracks, I would imagine even more folks will be wanting to switch from Essentials to R&HH or Classics.
Maybe he took it as “available” slots? That would also be dependent on how many people aren’t re-subbing or are moving from RHH to another track.

Maybe he took it as “available” slots? That would also be dependent on how many people aren’t re-subbing or are moving from RHH to another track.

Storfer replied again to clarify, with the following:

"I took this as “will it be possible for a new member to sign up easily” bc I didn’t pay attention to who was asking, lol. Yes, there will be more copies of this than Knx, but not by a huge margin, so it seems likely that this will be sold out very fast again this month. But maybe I’m wrong on that part, and it’ll be easy to get."

So based on that I'd say it'll be possible to add or switch to R&HH early on Day 1, which was what I was interested in.

All I know is there was a scramble to get in RHH for Outkast, Method and Knx.....but I don't think I've ever seen as many for sale/trade posts across the boards as for those three all summer. It seems the FOMO fear is hitting but then lots of buyer's remorse- I think people are realizing they are paying $30 for color variants of widely available albums and they aren't the investments they hoped.

All I know is there was a scramble to get in RHH for Outkast, Method and Knx.....but I don't think I've ever seen as many for sale/trade posts across the boards as for those three all summer. It seems the FOMO fear is hitting but then lots of buyer's remorse- I think people are realizing they are paying $30 for color variants of widely available albums and they aren't the investments they hoped.
What was the last great pick for R&HH probably HBMS 🤔 something that was awesome and not widely available, I love Outkast & Meth but they were not needed as for That Knx 😑

Edit: Ivy Sole was dope but I admittedly havent spun it much, I should.

Last edited:
All I know is there was a scramble to get in RHH for Outkast
It seems the FOMO fear is hitting but then lots of buyer's remorse- I think people are realizing they are paying $30 for color variants of widely available albums and they aren't the investments they hoped.
Outkast did just this for me. I didn't really want it upon receiving it in the mail

I think it's more that 3x sell-outs are keeping subscribers on the hook in case something they actually want comes out & they just plan to resell things they don't want. Nobody's realizing anything, the full supply of that release is in circulation instead of sitting in a warehouse

What was the last great pick for R&HH probably HBMS 🤔 something that was awesome and not widely available, I love Outkast & Meth. That Knx 😑
All they had to do was pick Game Theory smdh

They always doing the exact opposite what I want so I just gave up wishing and dreaming and expect the least wanted out of all the guesses.

If you was in a race with VMP.
VMP would be the guy who gets around the corner..calls a taxi and meets you at the end without running at all.
Lazy mthfkaz always getting the low hanging fruit

I dunno. I would love to sit in on a brainstorm session. I reckon they over think it every time
The Roots are doing deluxe re releases of all of their big albums over the next year, I'm sure VMP had little choice in the matter as they likely would not have had access to Illadelph, Do You Want More, Things Fall Apart etc...

They always doing the exact opposite what I want so I just gave up wishing and dreaming and expect the least wanted out of all the guesses.

If you was in a race with VMP.
VMP would be the guy who gets around the corner..calls a taxi and meets you at the end without running at all.
Lazy mthfkaz always getting the low hanging fruit
You're not wrong, how they described picking Hud Dreems was just terrible:

"The fourth record in the subscription was that Madlib record, and I thought, “We haven’t done an instrumental one in almost two years at this point.” I actually opened up our list from a while back that’s The Best Instrumental Hip-Hop Albums To Own On Vinyl, and I remembered this Knxwledge record and was like, “Why don’t we do this?” It never came out on color, it’s this classic… sort of like the modern Donuts, in a way. To me, Hud Dreems is in the top-five of the best instrumental rap records "

Ye it's a top 5 instrumental hip hop classic that we completely forgot existed and just picked out of a list that we wrote

You're not wrong, how they described picking Hud Dreems was just terrible:

"The fourth record in the subscription was that Madlib record, and I thought, “We haven’t done an instrumental one in almost two years at this point.” I actually opened up our list from a while back that’s The Best Instrumental Hip-Hop Albums To Own On Vinyl, and I remembered this Knxwledge record and was like, “Why don’t we do this?” It never came out on color, it’s this classic… sort of like the modern Donuts, in a way. To me, Hud Dreems is in the top-five of the best instrumental rap records "

Ye it's a top 5 instrumental hip hop classic that we completely forgot existed and just picked out of a list that we wrote
I remember reading this and thinking how F×*king lazy

Back