Vinyl Me Please Rap & Hip Hop

If the Roots ROTM is remastered, then I'd be totally down. I've heard "good, not great" things about most Roots albums on vinyl, so if VMP is still at least somewhat concerned with SOMETIMES going above and beyond for the R&HH track, that absolutely makes it worth the extra few bucks. Unfortunately, their recent track record makes me think that won't be the case

How I Got Over is an incredible album! I really love that record. It’s just a disappointing ROTM pick.
I can’t say anything bad about it but in comparison to the others I stated this one won’t be pulled off the shelf nearly as often (TBH if ever) compared to many of their other releases. If I had one Roots record and it was “How I Got Over” then yeah, but I already have “The Tipping Point” and “Things Fall Apart” both of Which kick way harder than HIGO.

Meant to ask you Nathan have you got Originals by Prince. Release of the year.
Yeah I do! Of course! What kinda question is that!?!?

But I have the standard pressing and not the purple or white limited edition!

I think it actually is the release of the year, along with Tyler, The Creator, Freddie Gibbs & Madlib & Little Simz. Them three hip-hop albums are just 🔥🔥🔥

Prince’s Originals really is my favourite out of all, but it’s just different because it’s not a studio album and Prince is dead and probably wouldn’t have done this. Really happy with how amazing the pressing sounds by the way!

I can’t say anything bad about it but in comparison to the others I stated this one won’t be pulled off the shelf nearly as often (TBH if ever) compared to many of their other releases. If I had one Roots record and it was “How I Got Over” then yeah, but I already have “The Tipping Point” and “Things Fall Apart” both of Which kick way harder than HIGO.
Especially ‘Things Fall Apart’. That album is special. It’s my favourite The Roots album. The Music On Vinyl (MOV) pressing for Things Fall Apart sounds amazing! Definitely better sounding than the standard pressing of How I Got Over. I recently saw the HHV exclusive pressing of ‘The Tipping Point’, but because of shipping costs, it’s just too expensive for me. Looks real nice though!

I love The Roots! ♥️

Especially ‘Things Fall Apart’. That album is special. It’s my favourite The Roots album. The Music On Vinyl (MOV) pressing for Things Fall Apart sounds amazing! Definitely better sounding than the standard pressing of How I Got Over. I recently saw the HHV exclusive pressing of ‘The Tipping Point’, but because of shipping costs, it’s just too expensive for me. Looks real nice though!

I love The Roots! ♥
Oh, me too! Black Thought is an amazing (and underrated) rapper and the live band adds so much energy to their production. I prefer The Best Roots record’s to Big Boi any day of the week. This just isn’t their best and seems like a giant missed opportunity. The way The Roots are reissuing their back catalog it seems like only a matter of time until the others are reissued. I guess maybe this was the only reissue they were will to not make an OkayPlayer Exclusive.

Yeah I do! Of course! What kinda question is that!?!?

But I have the standard pressing and not the purple or white limited edition!

I think it actually is the release of the year, along with Tyler, The Creator, Freddie Gibbs & Madlib & Little Simz. Them three hip-hop albums are just 🔥🔥🔥

Prince’s Originals really is my favourite out of all, but it’s just different because it’s not a studio album and Prince is dead and probably wouldn’t have done this. Really happy with how amazing the pressing sounds by the way!

Good lad Nathan. You need to grab the Jill Jones album if you haven’t got it.

It's weird, it's like they are paying for the extra quality and care they are putting into Classics by going cheaper on RHH.

I'm fairly certain this is it, and not that surprising. I think the extra care for Classics is in hope of roping the mega-bux audiophiles into dropping $$ later down the line. Cleary many of the folks on here and elsewhere see nothing wrong with the current quality threshold of RHH so there isn't much reason to improve.

On a more positive assumption, hip-hop acts may cost more to license as the genre has more contemporary relevance and living rights holders.

Good lad Nathan. You need to grab the Jill Jones album if you haven’t got it.
You made me go and look to see if Jill Jones’ debut got reissued. I got a boost in energy and was super excited!!! But...I don’t see anything? 🤔

I love Jill Jones’ debut! Prince’s production on that record was incredible and ‘G Spot’ is one sexy, funny, tasty track that really hits the spot. I remember listening to that song on repeat back then 😂

I don’t have Jill Jones’ self-titled on vinyl but I will have it one day. I don’t have Vanity 6’s self-titled on vinyl either but I need to grab it! There’s so much sex appeal in those albums, I should’ve already had them by now. It’s just that neither of them have been reissued.....

Hoping 2020 RSD sees either of them two getting reissued on coloured vinyl like The Time’s ‘What Time Is It?’ and ‘Pandemonium’ RSD releases!

Back