Vinyl Me Please Essentials

Yeah, honestly just grab whatever Daft Punk you can and you've got a winner. I'd be pretty happy to add any of their releases to my collection, though Homework is still the fave (and even if Discovery seems the likelier pick). Either way, still secretly hoping it's Bricolage, 'cause I just love that album.

And as far as the Classic Rock pick goes, honestly having trouble coming up with something worthy that hasn't already gotten a decent repressing in recent years, so very curious to see what VMP does there.
Maybe The Doors: LA Woman.

It's the only Doors Album to date without at 50th Anniversary Deluxe Reissue, has 2 classic Doors songs (LA Woman and Riders on the Storm) and this is also coming in June....

It's been mentioned already, but M.I.A.'s Kala is a very on brand pick for Essentials. It's also a pretty decent one, though I was expecting something bigger for number 100. Either way, beyond excited they are finally doing another electronic release in May. Daft Punk seems the obvious pick, but hoping they'll look a little beyond and release something from Squarepusher (maybe Ultravisitor) or Amon Tobin (Bricolage could really use a fresh pressing).
I have been hoping for this for years (trying to link any clue to it :ROFLMAO: ). Hopefully one day!

Might be worth noting that MF Doom is actually British by birth, and could easily slot into "world hip hop" by the rules of some good ole fashioned dodgy VMP genre labeling. No idea what album would work, but really just take a pick, right?

My first (and only) thought when i saw "world rap" was MC Solaar.
Oui, oui. But probably not. Would be insane, though. Qui Seme Le Vent, Prose Combat or Paradisiaque.
But the problems between Solaar and his label probably aren’t resolved, yet. Still not on spotify and such.

I really, really, really hope we get M.I.A.‘a Arular or Kala! And if VMP does M.I.A. as an Essentials ROTM, then I really hope we get at least one M.I.A. side exclusive! That would honestly make my vinyl complete! 🙈😍

Back