Vinyl Me Please Essentials

Storf doesn’t write all of the booklets and I never had a warp issue with them. They’re usually pretty good, I’m glad the other tracks will have similar books.
How dare you be mildly positive!!!! But yes, they are a nice little bonus, much better than the stencil or cocktail recipe and Classics has had the least warps of the 3 tracks.

Storf doesn’t write all of the booklets and I never had a warp issue with them. They’re usually pretty good, I’m glad the other tracks will have similar books.
Yes. They range from pretty good and interesting to bland and poorly written. They are better than either the cocktail or stencil. And better when they are guest writers.

Yeah, this is odd. What's considered world? So far I've only got M.I.A. from Sri Lanka as "essential", unless they start counting the UK.
MF DOOM Operation Doomsday?

EDIT - I messed up the numbers clues and thought 1 was for world rap. But screw it I'm sticking to it because it would be cool.

Last edited:
You know Storf did mention on Twitter how people need to go back and check out a specific MIA album. Let me see if I can find it.

Edit- He deleted the tweet I think. I believe it was Kala.

Last edited:
Yeah, this is odd. What's considered world? So far I've only got M.I.A. from Sri Lanka as "essential", unless they start counting the UK.
I mean Kala makes sense

It's a pretty good album (though I'd LOVE an exclusive of M A Y A). but why the big 100

Sure it was in an old poll back in 2016 or so but no one really suggested it much after that isn't a big enough deal to be the big 100 like say

Kendrick
Kanye
Frank Ocean

It's been mentioned already, but M.I.A.'s Kala is a very on brand pick for Essentials. It's also a pretty decent one, though I was expecting something bigger for number 100. Either way, beyond excited they are finally doing another electronic release in May. Daft Punk seems the obvious pick, but hoping they'll look a little beyond and release something from Squarepusher (maybe Ultravisitor) or Amon Tobin (Bricolage could really use a fresh pressing).

It's been mentioned already, but M.I.A.'s Kala is a very on brand pick for Essentials. It's also a pretty decent one, though I was expecting something bigger for number 100. Either way, beyond excited they are finally doing another electronic release in May. Daft Punk seems the obvious pick, but hoping they'll look a little beyond and release something from Squarepusher (maybe Ultravisitor) or Amon Tobin (Bricolage could really use a fresh pressing).
Yeah Kala fits perfectly as a VMP Essential pick. Even if I think Arular is the better album.

If we indeed are getting Daft Punk in May, what album do we think they’ll do? Honestly, I could see any of their studio albums being an Essentials pick. Except Human After All.

If it's Daft Punk, it's Discovery and VMP will be damn lucky that they signed the contracts prior to Daft Punk calling it quits. And dammit, they will get me back with that. But I don't think it's Daft Punk. Though #101 would be funny given that's binary code.

Yeah Kala fits perfectly as a VMP Essential pick. Even if I think Arular is the better album.

If we indeed are getting Daft Punk in May, what album do we think they’ll do? Honestly, I could see any of their studio albums being an Essentials pick. Except Human After All.
Yeah, honestly just grab whatever Daft Punk you can and you've got a winner. I'd be pretty happy to add any of their releases to my collection, though Homework is still the fave (and even if Discovery seems the likelier pick). Either way, still secretly hoping it's Bricolage, 'cause I just love that album.

And as far as the Classic Rock pick goes, honestly having trouble coming up with something worthy that hasn't already gotten a decent repressing in recent years, so very curious to see what VMP does there.

Last edited:
If it's Daft Punk, it's Discovery and VMP will be damn lucky that they signed the contracts prior to Daft Punk calling it quits. And dammit, they will get me back with that. But I don't think it's Daft Punk. Though #101 would be funny given that's binary code.
discovery or alive 2007

PLEASE be one of those

also for classic rock

i dunno..

led zeppelin 3?

Back