Vinyl Me Please Essentials

discovery or alive 2007

PLEASE be one of those

also for classic rock

i dunno..

led zeppelin 3?
Is 3 widely available? I thought most Zeppelin was stuff that's been widely pressed. Not to say they wouldn't do it, but that would definitely be a pick where I'd just pass and get elsewhere if I wanted.

EDIT: Hmmm...III might not be as available as Houses of the Holy, IV and Mothership.

wait.. what if its ACTUALLY an afrobeats (not afrobeat) album

world rap... "world music" is often used to just describe music that is not made by someone in america, canada, or (some parts) of europe

burna boy or davido confirmed

If it's Daft Punk, it's Discovery and VMP will be damn lucky that they signed the contracts prior to Daft Punk calling it quits. And dammit, they will get me back with that. But I don't think it's Daft Punk. Though #101 would be funny given that's binary code.
If it is DP (which would be a huge get and a stretch), I wonder if this was originally scheduled for 100 but pushed it to 101 to up stock following the announcement of their retirement. I find It off that 1.) their 100 release would be "world rap" and 2.) they would have back-to-back hip-hop essential releases.

Maybe. I could also see that the middle album of two other albums that may not be as popular is a good way to hook people like me who would sign up for a 3 month to get Daft Punk. I could see them saying due to demand, a monthly subscription signup might not get you Daft Punk.

Is 3 widely available? I thought most Zeppelin was stuff that's been widely pressed. Not to say they wouldn't do it, but that would definitely be a pick where I'd just pass and get elsewhere if I wanted.

EDIT: Hmmm...III might not be as available as Houses of the Holy, IV and Mothership.
I feel like VMP did a Zeppelin III store exclusive a couple of years back too, so not sure if they'd go that route. Either way, still having trouble thinking of a worthy Classic Rock pick that hasn't been re-isssued in the last five years or so. Should be interesting to see what the pick is there.

Was there ever any indication from VMP that #100 was going to be special? Or was this just people speculating and setting themselves up for disappointment?
Getting to 100 is a pretty big deal, so the assumption was that they might celebrate the fact with an epic drop. But yes, in the end it was purely assumption.

Maybe. I could also see that the middle album of two other albums that may not be as popular is a good way to hook people like me who would sign up for a 3 month to get Daft Punk. I could see them saying due to demand, a monthly subscription signup might not get you Daft Punk.
agreed. thought this as well.

I feel like VMP did a Zeppelin III store exclusive a couple of years back too, so not sure if they'd go that route. Either way, still having trouble thinking of a worthy Classic Rock pick that hasn't been re-isssued in the last five years or so. Should be interesting to see what the pick is there.
I can't find anything on Discogs. That was probably just a curated release of the normal black vinyl version.

Was there ever any indication from VMP that #100 was going to be special? Or was this just people speculating and setting themselves up for disappointment?

All an assumption, I don't think VMP has said anything at all about this being an upcoming milestone. I do like @Spinjamin's theory about moving Daft Punk back a month to get extra copies in stock.

Back