Vinyl Me Please Essentials

Essentials: This artist/band has played with/recorded with/ or produced a band/artist/label that VMP has featured in a previous Anthology release.

so has some connection with grateful dead, herbie hancock (does that count now), blue note, stax, motown, or most likely, ghostly international (zamrock is a bit too disconnected and no real albums that can fit the 2006 time)

Essentials: This artist/band has played with/recorded with/ or produced a band/artist/label that VMP has featured in a previous Anthology release.

so has some connection with grateful dead, herbie hancock (does that count now), blue note, stax, motown, or most likely, ghostly international (zamrock is a bit too disconnected and no real albums that can fit the 2006 time)

Yeah, it's probably someone who was produced by or has recorded with one of the Ghostly artists. That's out of my area of listening though so no idea who it could be there.

Yeah, it's probably someone who was produced by or has recorded with one of the Ghostly artists. That's out of my area of listening though so no idea who it could be there.
also not just ONE of the ghostly artists

the hint is so vague it could be ANYONE that ever worked with the label...
This artist/band has played with/recorded with/ or produced a band/artist/label that VMP has featured in a previous Anthology release.
so if you worked with blue note, stax, ghostly, or motown and had an album out in 2006, you are in the running.

so our front runners are

Bob Dylan - Modern Times (the most likely, acclaimed album, bob dylan well respected, would get a lot of people buying)
The Mars Volta - Amputechture (i am unsure because its not really considered prime material like deloused and frances.. even though i do like the first song an amputechture. plus if they were doing mars volta essentials they would probably go for the big daddy)
Little Willies - Little Willies (probably the least likely seeing as it would be a kind of weird choice even for VMP)

It´s maybe just me wanting it to be Ellen Alien & Apparat - Orchestra of Bubbles, but Matthew Dear (featured on the Ghostly Anthology) has collaborated with Ellen Alien and Ellen Alien has also released on a Ghostly sub-label (Spectral Sound). I know that it´s a stretch, but as far as I know the full album has never been on vinyl so a proper re-issue would make sense.

It´s maybe just me wanting it to be Ellen Alien & Apparat - Orchestra of Bubbles, but Matthew Dear (featured on the Ghostly Anthology) has collaborated with Ellen Alien and Ellen Alien has also released on a Ghostly sub-label (Spectral Sound). I know that it´s a stretch, but as far as I know the full album has never been on vinyl so a proper re-issue would make sense.

Oooooooooooh man, this would be absolutely fantastic. Orchestra Of Bubbles is such a MASSIVELY underrated electronic album. I do have this on wax already, but if it were to be a pressing with the full CD's track list (which has 3 more songs) then I would be over the moon.

Dead serious, everyone with an inkling of interest in electronic music should hear this album.

but one thing bugs me about it being modern times

its already fairly easy to get

all 3 of the return to form era dylan albums had milestone reissues that can be got for about 30 bucks and high quality (pressed by record industry, which sure is not QRP, Pallas, or RTI, but they have great vinyl for decent prices). hell aparently in italy there was a reissue that came out there of modern times just this year

It would be cool, but I think this would be an instant swap sadly for the majority of VMP's subscriber base. I'm guessing it's an indie rock album...
but one thing bugs me about it being modern times

its already fairly easy to get

all 3 of the return to form era dylan albums had milestone reissues that can be got for about 30 bucks and high quality (pressed by record industry, which sure is not QRP, Pallas, or RTI, but they have great vinyl for decent prices). hell aparently in italy there was a reissue that came out there of modern times just this year
The last US release on vinyl was 2006. We all know that VMP and Storf do not consider Euro releases as "releases" for some reason.

It would be cool, but I think this would be an instant swap sadly for the majority of VMP's subscriber base. I'm guessing it's an indie rock album...

The last US release on vinyl was 2006. We all know that VMP and Storf do not consider Euro releases as "releases" for some reason.
but the internet means you can get european presses much more easily and you can probably buy a MOV press on amazon

its legitimately stupid

also for ellnen alien album... they are due to an electronic album since the last one they did was what.. moby?

Back