Vinyl Me Please Essentials

I have to say I really prefer when VMP doesn't reveal the Essentials for the next 3 months in advance. I understand it makes perfectly sense for them when they have some big stuff coming up like The White Stripes, but it is a lot more entertaining and fun when it isn't known beforehand.

It's very enjoyable to guess and to check out potential candidates and possibly get to know (or to rediscover) a lot of new music that way.

I have to say I really prefer when VMP doesn't reveal the Essentials for the next 3 months in advance. I understand it makes perfectly sense for them when they have some big stuff coming up like The White Stripes, but it is a lot more entertaining and fun when it isn't known beforehand.

It's very enjoyable to guess and to check out potential candidates and possibly get to know (or to rediscover) a lot of new music that way.
Maybe they will get rid of it now that the 1 month sub is back? It seemed they did the 3 month reveals because they nixed the 1 month sub and people wanted to know what they were getting before committing to 3 months. They left RHH and Classics as guesses to give you some suspense still.

i agree i like guessing games.

but when you are deciding if you should join again for 3 more months its best to know what you're getting

i agree i like guessing games.

but when you are deciding if you should join again for 3 more months its best to know what you're getting

I agree with that. I'm glad they have returned to 1 month options and I hope they won't change that again. I'm not sure how it plays out for them financially, but I'm sure there are also many people that just want to join for a month in order to get access to many exclusives they buy within that month.

I agree with that. I'm glad they have returned to 1 month options and I hope they won't change that again. I'm not sure how it plays out for them financially, but I'm sure there are also many people that just want to join for a month in order to get access to many exclusives they buy within that month.
yeah i could go one month but then im spending 3 more money than i would for a 3 months i usually enjoy and its more convenient

Ah, yes I mean the fact that they didn't even get the NAME of the album correct tells me that this isn't in the cards. If they were working with the band I'm sure they'd at the very least know the names of their albums. Also I can't really see Omar and Cedric being down with giving another company control over their pressings after how mad they were about MOVs releases way back when...

De-Loused is like one of three albums that would get me to resub, but there's no way they're doing it.
No, I agree that if they did get one it would likely be something like Amputechture or Bedlam or Octahedron. But I don't think there's much chance of Volta giving anyone to rights to produce their vinyl after all this time with Cedric periodically spouting off about their vinyl reissues "coming soon"...

Tbh I hope it's not the Mars Volta because I didn't like Frances the mute (too much bloat and weirdness)

i just dont like long obtuse progressive rock songs.

Last edited:
Back