Vinyl Me Please Essentials

Duh Shtyle
DUH as in, "Oh, duh, that was stupid." SHTYLE as in the word STYLE, but the H gives it a shh...sound, so shhh, and then the tyle part. It means "The Style". Wow, takes me back to Art History 101 at the University of Chaminade in the early 80's. Go Silverswords!
I was way off. I been saying Da Stidgy

Alright y'all let's do this

Kevin_Federline_Playing_with_Fire.jpg

I have the deluxe version of BAGIA but I’ll take anything from The Hold Steady.
Good news! I JUST purchased a copy of the Purple wax RSD pressing of Boys and Girls in America so it is definitely gonna be this.

I have the deluxe as well but honestly it could use a remaster the way that Phoenix got.

I have the deluxe as well but honestly it could use a remaster the way that Phoenix got.
I am a 100% behind buying another copy a month after purchasing this copy if it is a remaster. VMP does good work. Also, likely would not be the most wasteful thing I purchase in the month of July.

I’m hoping we get Joanna Newsom’s “Ys”, Lupe Fiasco’s “Food & Liquor” or Grizzly Bear’s “Yellow House” 🤞🤞🤞

Can’t wait for the next clue! VMP recently did a Grizzly Bear exclusive, so I’ve got a feeling we’ll get Grizzly Bear! Didn’t care at all for the debut release which was a VMP exclusive, but their sophomore album, Yellow House (which was released in 2006), is a masterpiece (and an underrated album too!)! 💎

2006 is a great year to pick from. As has already been mentioned, I would be very in for a Grizzly Bear, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Joanna Newsom, Whitest Boy Alive, or Hold Steady ROTM.

It's too bad they've already done Hot Chip, because "The Warning" NEEDS a reissue badly.

A few other ideas to throw in the mix:

Ghostface Killah - "Fishscale" (Probably the only rap album from this year that would be large enough to go Essentials as opposed to RHH, and desperately in need of a reissue)
Cat Power - "The Greatest" (They've done some stuff with Matador in the past, last pressing was 8 years ago)
Belle & Sebastian - "The Life Pursuit" (Another Matador option, had a 2014 reissue so perhaps less likely)
Camera Obscura - "Let's Get Out Of This Country" (Great album from a somewhat-forgotten former indie darling, might not be a large enough draw)
Sunset Rubdown - "Shut Up I Am Dreaming" (This is an interesting option, as it has never been available on vinyl, don't know if Jagjaguwar has the rights to this like later Sunset Rubdown albums....)
Junior Boys - "In The Morning" (Electronic ROTMs are few and far between, but this is a solid candidate...hasn't has any reissue since it first was released)
Lily Allen - "Alright, Still" (I don't see this as a great possibility, as they don't normally go too full-on pop music, but this album holds up pretty well)
The Pipettes - "We Are The Pipettes" (OK, this is a total flyer and absolutely a "homer" pick as I love this album and wish more people knew about it)

Last edited:
I already own Grizzly Bear and i think the staff said before they only really like the first album..

joanna newsome i dunno if i would take or not because i feel unsure about that album tbh. lupe would be fucking awesome though. and im not a fan of mars volta so i dunno if im going to stay for this month

Back