Vinyl Me Please Essentials

I really don't know why/where the shhh sound even comes into play.

Thinking about it now I'd just say "duh style"
Pretty standard in Germanic languages when you get s+t, it gives you shhtuh.

Edit: I think this is wrong for Dutch, sorry.

Last edited:
I went down this rabbit hole....as I'm just waiting to get called into work.

That's a lot of research! I saw a Dutch person post that the Google translate version is correct and it is much closer to the English pronunciation of "style" without the shhhh sound, so I'll go with that until I hear different

That's a lot of research! I saw a Dutch person post that the Google translate version is correct and it is much closer to the English pronunciation of "style" without the shhhh sound, so I'll go with that until I hear different

Yeah. I think more people were Germanizing it rather than Americanizing it with adding the SHH sound.

I know I'm about to open a can of worms here, but did anyone else find this line a little weird:

But for a brief period in 2008-09, they really were. “Seven Nation Army” is chanted at football games, which is just insane to think about: a White Stripes song became a staple at stadiums!

2008-09 is about 5 years late! They peaked around 2003 surely?! By 2008 they'd basically split up.

I know I'm about to open a can of worms here, but did anyone else find this line a little weird:

2008-09 is about 5 years late! They peaked around 2003 surely?! By 2008 they'd basically split up.
Nah, it was weird to me, too. Icky Thump released in 2007 and '08 was their last year of touring (I think). By 2009 Jack had announced they were done.

I see a few copies of De Stijl on eBay as presale items. How does this follow guidelines?

"Presale listings must guarantee that the item will be shipped within 30 days of purchase
The date the item will be available to ship must be clearly stated in the listing"

I see a few copies of De Stijl on eBay as presale items. How does this follow guidelines?

"Presale listings must guarantee that the item will be shipped within 30 days of purchase
The date the item will be available to ship must be clearly stated in the listing"
Ebay is like Twitter in that they have guidelines but no intention on ever enforcing them

Listening to Bella Donna and loving it. Beautiful record and sounds fantastic, having a great time. Also been cleaning other new arrivals and a big fan of the custardy Jorge Ben and red smoked Stooges ones. Mine looks really striking both in and out of light for the latter. For all the hassle to get them the products really haven’t failed to impress.

Back