Vinyl Me Please Essentials

There could be such exclusives as store drops on Tuesday or Wednesday I think. Did they usually announce such beforehand? Of course any White Stripes one would be delayed too I assume.

Never announced beforehand but when they had a forum or when they were actually active on Reddit they would tease exclusives that went with the ROTMs and they'd drop on announcement day.

Not sure if I missed a discussion about it. I always have a hard time finding the relevant pages for the ROTM. But, it seems this De Stijl is a new cut by Third Man Mastering - Bill Skibbe and pressed at third man. Seems the last few reissues were WG@NRP.

I was looking for mastering details but couldn’t find any. Where did you find those details?

I was looking for mastering details but couldn’t find any. Where did you find those details?
Sorry, store page.

Sorry, store page.

Ahh ok thanks. They usually have those in an “everything you need to know” article but not this time.
I’m guessing this isn’t AAA since they aren’t advertising it, which I believe the 2010 reissue was. Anyone know for sure?

Ahh ok thanks. They usually have those in an “everything you need to know” article but not this time.
I’m guessing this isn’t AAA since they aren’t advertising it, which I believe the 2010 reissue was. Anyone know for sure?
Yeah, always frustrating how they don't prioritize that information. I would like to know as well.

They unfortunately aren’t always upfront about it even when it is beneficial to them. I am sure the answer will surface eventually.

Not sure if I missed a discussion about it. I always have a hard time finding the relevant pages for the ROTM. But, according to the store page, this De Stijl is a new cut by Third Man Mastering - Bill Skibbe and pressed at Third Man. Seems the last few reissues were WG@NRP.

The most recent pressing was done at TMP for their public grand opening. This is the one:

The White Stripes - De Stijl

Url: The White Stripes - De Stijl

just curious....but how do you guys/gals pronounce "De Stijl"?

Do you use the dutch pronunciation....or Americanize it?

Even the VMP promo goes out of the way not to say the name.

As a radio dj I go in for the Dutch pronunciation and as I go to make the second syllable my brain freezes and kinda stutters the way that antilock brakes work?

just curious....but how do you guys/gals pronounce "De Stijl"?

Do you use the dutch pronunciation....or Americanize it?

Even the VMP promo goes out of the way not to say the name.

Duh Shtyle
DUH as in, "Oh, duh, that was stupid." SHTYLE as in the word STYLE, but the H gives it a shh...sound, so shhh, and then the tyle part. It means "The Style". Wow, takes me back to Art History 101 at the University of Chaminade in the early 80's. Go Silverswords!

Back