Vinyl Me Please Essentials

Guess who else has Side D surface noise :D

These games suck extra hard knowing mine's still gonna take another 2 weeks, at least, to get here to likely the same result.
In fact, they should arrive the day after my first replacement copy of TMV arrives.

These games suck extra hard knowing mine's still gonna take another 2 weeks, at least, to get here to likely the same result.
In fact, they should arrive the day after my first replacement copy of TMV arrives.
I'm curious if its something in the original mix, a sample that was accentuated by the remaster. For me its a cyclical, identical surface noise signature that disappears as soon as the sample is no longer used. Does that sound about right to other people with Side D noise?

Deloused arrived today and I'm tossing up whether I should even open the box. Has anyone received a copy that plays like it should?

Awwwwww fuck! Back for the first time since January 20 and it’s looking like 2/2 for dodgy pressings, dreading the MV replacement and OutKast arriving now. What heap of shit will the third and final month of my sub bring 🙄

Last edited:
Got my Mars Volta and Spiritualized replacements today, as well as BGC, though my table's in the shop so I'm not sure when I'll be able to check 'em.

All in their own boxes, too! Very efficient, VMP.

View attachment 108424

They shipped one of my preorders on July 29th, my replacement TMV on August 5th, my ROTMs on August 6th and my other preorder on August 9th.

I truly don't understand how this improves efficiency OR keeps costs down!

I'm curious if its something in the original mix, a sample that was accentuated by the remaster. For me its a cyclical, identical surface noise signature that disappears as soon as the sample is no longer used. Does that sound about right to other people with Side D noise?
My copy has surface noise on D1 during the spoken word part. It gradually fades away as the track moves on. There is no noise on Spotify during this track. So it's a pressing issue.

Edit: my copy also only has noise in the right channel. So definitely a pressing issue with Outkast.

Piano on that song isn’t a sample, doubt the noise is in the mix. That’s one of my favorite songs ever and I’ve listened to it hundreds of times, there’s no noise during that spoken word part.

My copy was delivered today, I’ll try to give it a spin tonight.

Back