Vinyl Me Please Essentials

I think any Canadian over 40 something should remember them. There was one in Vancouver for a while. Think Victoria had one but maybe that was A&B sound I am thinking of.

There was record store row on Seymour in Vancouver, with A&B sound, Sam the Record Man and an independent import record shop in between. I always liked A&B sound better as there prices were cheaper.

Sigh...Glory days.

So if I received two copies of Mars Volta and both were defective, then received store credit, do I need to email in to get put on the repress list? Anyone know? Is that how they are handling this situation?

Seems like an awful generous proposition by VMP to resolve this issue, though I assume GZ is repressing on their dime.

There was record store row on Seymour in Vancouver, with A&B sound, Sam the Record Man and an independent import record shop in between. I always liked A&B sound better as there prices were cheaper.

Sigh...Glory days.
Yup Track records was in between them. There was an A&A as well. I think they were in the location that Sams took over. Worked in the A&B warehouse briefly

So if I received two copies of Mars Volta and both were defective, then received store credit, do I need to email in to get put on the repress list? Anyone know? Is that how they are handling this situation?

Seems like an awful generous proposition by VMP to resolve this issue, though I assume GZ is repressing on their dime.
This has not been made particularly clear. I would assume there will be a mass email at some point.

Sigh...Glory days.

I used to skip classes in New Westminster to hit up record store row whenever the big hip hop double albums dropped (Wu-Tang Forever and Life After Death particularly come to mind) - was always cheaper than Metrotown and more interesting than Law 12!

I remember the Jason variant having a conditional "if" statement involving gaslighting for requesting too many copies that were already defective.
I too have noticed this malfunction. Where they insinuate that it's not in fact the pressing that's the issue... IT'S YOUUUUUUU.

This one is especially aggravating when after having 3 horrendous warped no fill crackle ridden copies of a title, and then after having to fight for it you get the 4th and out of the blue it's actually clean. You just want to take a picture of yourself pointing at the good one going "SEE THIS ONE IS ACTUALLY GOOD! IT'S NOT ME!"

Is it shocking though? I mean…fool me once, shame on VMP. Fool me every other month for 4 years, while they continue to use GZ, shame on me.
Oh for sure. This is on me entirely. I'm just venting. I knew what I was getting into, and again, for all of these faults, it's very seldom that I don't get a clean copy in the end. So good on them for that. VMP CS continues to be GZs saving grace.

Oh for sure. This is on me entirely. I'm just venting. I knew what I was getting into, and again, for all of these faults, it's very seldom that I don't get a clean copy in the end. So good on them for that. VMP CS continues to be GZs saving grace.

Oh, for sure. Like I just added to my original post, I rejoined for Dolly knowing I might have to ask for a replacement. And I took that gamble with the Herbie anthology too. It usually works out in the end, but it’s a hassle for something they are charging a premium for. As long as people know that going in I suppose.

Back