Vinyl Me Please Essentials

No one told me that mars Volta didn't include a listening note

Now my brain is paranoid that VMP knew that and thought I was trying to steal something from them and try some punishment

I know it's paranoia and it's not like they'll poison me or anything. But i still over think like this
They could have GZ makes a special pressing that the stylus wears down faster and a poison is released. Although, given their recent history w GZ, it will probably make you grow stronger.

Last edited:
They could have GZ makes a special pressing that the stylus wears down faster and a poison is released. Although, given their recent truck history w GZ, it will probably make you grow stronger.
i was more thinking my over the top paranoia about anthrax or other poisons in the mail

I really shouldn't have watched evangelion before I got this

Good thing

No issue.. I can probably just pif it to someone who was having issues with it

The number of band members or album number in the artist's discography seem to be the most likely explanations for Essentials.

Either one rules out the new Charlotte Day Wilson album that I've been waiting to get announced on vinyl. :(

3rd 4th and 5th albums... not useful without a hint like the decade or genre

same with 3 4 and 5 members

interesting some sites are taking a pre-order for The Mars Volta-De-Loused In The Comatorium (Gold and Dark Green 2xLP) expected release date October 29, wondering if this has anything to do with VMP?

interesting some sites are taking a pre-order for The Mars Volta-De-Loused In The Comatorium (Gold and Dark Green 2xLP) expected release date October 29, wondering if this has anything to do with VMP?
That would line up with the repress date that was mentioned. Although I'm not sure why stores would have any.

The "third album" could be Grizzly Bear´s Veckatimest, as VMP already did their first two albums as exclusives and if it is not for October, at some point they probably do a Grizzly Bear Essentials.
October seems like a good Grizzly Bear month as well. I always associate them and Fleet Foxes with the fall.

I hope you’re right, I already a decent copy. No need for a VMP upgrade here.

On that note, what's the argument for that particular album from a VMP subscriber viewpoint? Like, readily available, most people seem pretty happy with their copy as it stands, it's a ten year old decently popular album that I wouldn't argue is really mainstream...why pay the VMP premium for it? Colorway/LE?

But would a GZ pressing?!

TBH I've always wanted the chance to own four copies of Maggot Brain with surprise defects so it's just a bonus at this point.

Back