Vinyl Me Please Essentials

i dont think its the XX because why would they change the cover of the XX
I
Someone gave me that album as a gift for getting into vinyl and the black outer jacket has the stencil cut out for the inner white sleeve. It gets ripped to shreds and it sucks. I basically have just the white inner sleeve and the black outer is dust. Maybe that’s why.

So, out of interest, how many people still have some kind of sub? I haven’t cancelled yet, but I’m swithering. Depends on how good the next Classics are for me, I think.

I’m staying in for Classics and Essentials while I collect the back Classics catalog , but any change to swaps or pricing will have me taking a hard look at both. I dropped RHH on Tuesday.

Hey y'all. Someone on the forum mentioned that the album artwork for Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix bears a strong resemblance to the blockbuster bombs used in World War II by the Royal Air Force. Blockbuster, of course, being the unsolved anagram from the filename of Storf's first hint. Is that a connection we knew already? I only halfway paid attention to the guess thread on the forum but I don't recall seeing it, maybe I'm wrong though

Wolfgang is an album I really feel like is stuck to that time. It was a big one for me, but I think XX, Fever Ray, MPP, and Hospice have held up better from that formative year. I'd still take Wolfgang for the memories, and I do think it's a pretty great album. Really just a victim of the copycats and Apple commercial indie pop BS.

Still finding it hard to fathom that they actually went through with axing the forums. Glad we have here and appreciate all those that made it happen but the foul taste in my mouth from VMP's decision lingers still.
I keep thinking it was all a ruse to get rid of us and replace it with our happy, shiny others who will buy every VMP piece of clothing they decide to sell.

I’m hoping that it’s going to be flaming lips considering they were in an X-Men comic. Soft bulletin would be great and it’s the 20th anniversary. If it’s Pheonix, will be cancelling as they don’t do much for me. I’m thinking that it must be a big album with a lot of draw considering they closed the forum and would have assumed that they would lose some members.

I’m hoping that it’s going to be flaming lips considering they were in an X-Men comic. Soft bulletin would be great and it’s the 20th anniversary. If it’s Pheonix, will be cancelling as they don’t do much for me. I’m thinking that it must be a big album with a lot of draw considering they closed the forum and would have assumed that they would lose some members.

The album was released in 2009

Back