Vinyl Me Please Essentials

So, out of interest, how many people still have some kind of sub? I haven’t cancelled yet, but I’m swithering. Depends on how good the next Classics are for me, I think.

I cancelled yesterday as I am still kinda salty about Matt's response to all of us and getting blocked on Twitter for posting "Bring back the forums". I'm sure in a month when my renewal is up I will likely have mellowed out and might reconsider re-subbing to Classics if I really like the pick (a "blockbuster" jazz album.)

Sister Rosetta and Southernplaya were virtually locks I believe, and both are great in their own right. The Essentials is still up in the air, but if it were to be Phoenix, that album is inoffensively okay. Not something I've ever clamored to own. Also not something I've ever turned off.

So what was the prevailing thought on the 3 upcoming ROTM's? Phoenix, Sister Rosetta and Outkast debut album?
If they end up as those, I think the Essentials pick is very good, not great; Classics is what I expect from the sub on a normal month, and OutKast will vault to the top tier of RHH releases.

I don't know. To make it different? Why would they shut down the forums? Why would they make the Anthology announcement at Ikea? Some of their decisions don't always make sense.
its just its basically IMPOSSIBLE to change an xx cover

though i dont know why anthology was announced at ikea (that really happened da fuq)

eh...

e20.jpg

Is this where I admit that I basically got Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix for free from the store because of a VMP mistake? I had bought the Hole album, and actually received it, but later got an email saying that the album had been oversold so they issued me a refund in credit (which is apparently how I had paid)... I immediately took the refund and bought Phoenix since it was in the sale section, and actually a little cheaper ... 😂

Is this where I admit that I basically got Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix for free from the store because of a VMP mistake? I had bought the Hole album, and actually received it, but later got an email saying that the album had been oversold so they issued me a refund in credit (which is apparently how I had paid)... I immediately took the refund and bought Phoenix since it was in the sale section, and actually a little cheaper ... 😂

......... and 4 months later the forum is chernobyl due to cost cutbacks. It all makes sense now.

Back