Vinyl Me Please Essentials

How were everyone's records this month? Only two warps out of five for me, which is actually pretty good. Novos Baianos has the worst dish I've ever had and African Rhythms has a slight edge warp that I'm not sure if I'll email in about yet.

Phoenix just feels like such a safe pick. Like of all the indie albums they could have had, it seems like Phoenix wouldn’t even be in the top 20. I find the album a little boring and am still burnt out from Lisztomania and 1901 from ten years ago. Maybe it will grow on me but it feels very meh to me right now. Classics and R&HH on the other hand will be straight 🔥

Just another vote to separate out the side subs as independent categories. Whether or not I buy VMP's records from them or on the secondary market, I'll still care about Classics more than whatever they do in "Essentials" (the most corporate of branding decisions).

I feel like 1901 was used in every car commercial for at least 2-3 years. VMP had Wolfgang in the store not that long ago. From a business perspective, I can't see them doubling up like that. Having said that, and also from a business perspective, I don't know why they'd piss off 100's of members by dropping a nuke on their forum. So maybe they'll go 2 for 2 this month.

Eh you can get mad at phoenix all you want

I never heard it in full and I will accept it

But I get not only disliking them but being bugged that they sold it in the store

So, out of interest, how many people still have some kind of sub? I haven’t cancelled yet, but I’m swithering. Depends on how good the next Classics are for me, I think.
This is my last quarter (June my final month)...and by the sounds of it it'll be my first ever swap lol

So, out of interest, how many people still have some kind of sub? I haven’t cancelled yet, but I’m swithering. Depends on how good the next Classics are for me, I think.

I still have mine. I really don't buy much compared to others here did. I typically only get one album per month and occasionally add an extra track depending on FOMO.

I'm waiting for those promised Fiona exclusives and then I might cancel.

I still have mine. I really don't buy much compared to others here did. I typically only get one album per month and occasionally add an extra track depending on FOMO.

I'm waiting for those promised Fiona exclusives and then I might cancel.

The Classics sub seduces me about half the time, which is good because the Essentials pick blows about half the time so it's an easy swap. Oh crap, I forgot about the upcoming Fiona exclusives... hopefully they drop while I'm still a member. Did they actually reveal if both When the Pawn... and Extraordinary are getting releases?

The Classics sub seduces me about half the time, which is good because the Essentials pick blows about half the time so it's an easy swap. Oh crap, I forgot about the upcoming Fiona exclusives... hopefully they drop while I'm still a member. Did they actually reveal if both When the Pawn... and Extraordinary are getting releases?

Nope. I would think that we're at least getting When The Pawn...

Back