Vinyl Me Please Essentials

Other than the scratch I have throughout most of B1, I actually have that repetitive crackle though at least the last minute or two of side C. It's loud and very prominent - but nothing is visible on the record itself. Seemed to be coming out of the right channel mostly. Anyway, I already asked for a replacement because of the scratch. Did you already get a response from them? I haven't heard anything since Friday (but not too concerned yet since it's the weekend).
Yeah that's the same end of side GZ crackle. It's seldom visible unless it's black vinyl, I don't know what causes it. It's not no fill as far as I can tell, but it's very common with GZ. I find it'll go from really bad like you're describing, down to only starting in the last couple seconds of the final song on a side or just as the song ends. It's a pressing thing and I have no idea what they're doing to cause it... They did get back to me and the replacement is already on the way. So you shouldn't have any issue.

To give people an idea, here is what the end-of-side crackle sounds like on my copy. Starts a good 10-20 seconds before I began recording. I stopped before the end, but it goes all the way into the run-out.

Yeeeep, I can't count how many GZ records I've had that have that same issue. I feel like it's 30% of every GZ I get has that to some degree.

Last edited:
Sooooo add me to the chorus of shitty sounding Disc 1’s for the Darkside Album. Excessive crackles that are not part of the music and non-fill. Haven’t heard anyone say that they have a clean copy. Does anyone?

Sooooo add me to the chorus of shitty sounding Disc 1’s for the Darkside Album. Excessive crackles that are not part of the music and non-fill. Haven’t heard anyone say that they have a clean copy. Does anyone?
People on cogs claim they do, but I suspect most people on there own Crosleys.

PRESENT COMPANY EXCLUDED

Last edited:

PRESENT COMPANY EXCLUDED
Welllllllll that is a piss off. I was on the fence about grabbing an OG from my local instead of the VMP and it looks like the should have just done that. That is really almost always the better choice. I brought this upon myself.

PRESENT COMPANY EXCLUDED
I am the exact same way but then again I also roll my eyes hard every time someone posits their review by listing out all their equipment before stating why “this pressing suxxxx”.

I am the exact same way but then again I also roll my eyes hard every time someone posits their review by listing out all their equipment before stating why “this pressing suxxxx”.
I hear ya, but I do mention my cart sometimes now if I write a review, just to head people off at the pass that try to claim that I'm wrong because ABCDEFG...

So you’re saying I just need to lose my horsey sauce. But the bottle is so goddamned big. Where can I put it down that I won’t notice it?

For the record (see what I did there?), my Disc 1 was fine other than the 1.5" audible scratch through B1. Disc 2 had the loud crackle at the end of C I posted about on the previous page.

Still haven't had a response from VMP about a replacement though... I'm mildly annoyed.

For the record (see what I did there?), my Disc 1 was fine other than the 1.5" audible scratch through B1. Disc 2 had the loud crackle at the end of C I posted about on the previous page.

Still haven't had a response from VMP about a replacement though... I'm mildly annoyed.
Their chat function is available right now. Go do that!

Mine has an audible 2" hairline scratch through the entirety of B1. Asked for a replacement. But sounded pretty good otherwise. There's crackle, but I didn't really notice if it's more than there is supposed to be... sort of suits the record in this case, LOL. But the repetitive click of a scratch does not.
I just listened to my copy tonight and had a similar issue on side C towards the end. Over a minute of popping. Took a video and sent it off to VMP.

Such a bummer because I went into this bind and loved it. But just reaffirmed that once VMP forces a price increase on renewal, I'll be done. I'll still track their announcements for new music discoveries, but replacing 16-25% of their monthly albums every year just isn't worth it at the $30+/album price.

I just listened to my copy tonight and had a similar issue on side C towards the end. Over a minute of popping. Took a video and sent it off to VMP.

Such a bummer because I went into this bind and loved it. But just reaffirmed that once VMP forces a price increase on renewal, I'll be done. I'll still track their announcements for new music discoveries, but replacing 16-25% of their monthly albums every year just isn't worth it at the $30+/album price.
I will always give VMP credit where it's due. They replied to my email the next business day, and I had a shipping notice today too. Looking forward to getting a fresh copy that is hopefully a little cleaner pressing.

I will always give VMP credit where it's due. They replied to my email the next business day, and I had a shipping notice today too. Looking forward to getting a fresh copy that is hopefully a little cleaner pressing.
Yeah I've got copy 3 on the way. They've been very good about it. But man I hope this one is okay.

Back