Vinyl Me Please Essentials

April: M.I.A.’s Kala
May: Darkside’s Psychic
June: The Doors’ The Doors

April: M.I.A.’s Kala
May: Darkside’s Psychic
June: The Doors’ The Doors
AMAZING!!! 😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍

Many sellers sell hundreds or dozens of LPs a week. There is no rrasonable expectation of play grading. I would always make sure to send the seller a message and ask for play grading if that is your expectation. Some are happy to do so.

Non-feelable marks don't usually affect sound significantly in my experience and that is the normal expectation of visually grading VG+. It is somewhat subject and dependent on your level of conservatism though. If I think I'm dealing with an inexperienced grader, I will ask them to make sure nothing is feelable to feel better about my purchase. If there is a groove wear issue or non-visible pressing defect that causes sound it is not the responsibility of a visually grading seller.

Isn't it really easy for the seller to say that all items are visually graded only? In my experience, most do state visually graded if they do this (but it could be a cultural difference between US & UK sellers), most even state if they have cleaned the record. Some, even give quite detailed descriptions.

Maybe I'm just unlucky but I also have plenty of non feelable marks that affect playback. I wouldn't see it as their responsibility if they say they are doing visual grading, but why should I assume that. If they says it's VG+ any marks should not affect playback.

They did kinda justify how easy it is to get these albums by making one a 45 RPM foil cover and special 7" for the doors.. even though the album is overrated

Isn't it really easy for the seller to say that all items are visually graded only? In my experience, most do state visually graded if they do this (but it could be a cultural difference between US & UK sellers), most even state if they have cleaned the record. Some, even give quite detailed descriptions.

Maybe I'm just unlucky but I also have plenty of non feelable marks that affect playback. I wouldn't see it as their responsibility if they say they are doing visual grading, but why should I assume that. If they says it's VG+ any marks should not affect playback.
Yeah I think it would be good practice for them to do so, but call me cynical, I'll always assume visual unless otherwise stated. I have a lot more experience buying on eBay looking for a deal, so I have a lot of experience with good and bad listings and I buy from sellers that are shops with crazy turnover who couldn't be expected to play grade and people who don't own turntables who couldn't be expected to play grade. Of course play grading is much better but rare for me and usually more expensive. Not sure how well that translates to discogs as I have less experience buying there.

Most of my noisy records that I feel were accurately graded VG+ have standard occasional crackle and a few pops that can be attributed to the medium. If I have a mark that creates a repeating tick or pop I will always ask for at least a partial refund.

I think you're getting at the valid point that it is much easier to tell definitively that something shouldn't have been visually graded VG+ after you play it! I think if you have a sounding mark that may not be quite feelable you would still have a valid complaint with the seller.

Last edited:
Looks like The Doors will come with a 7" with Light my Fire/Take it as it Comes & Crystal Ship. Pretty neat bonus
It's kind of a neat little collectors add on, buti would't it be nice to have songs on tfere not already on thd album

Interested in the Doors. The mastering info doesn't make any sense. Can someone let me know if they clear it up?

"remastered by Bruce Botnick from the original mono masters from lacquers cut by Bernie Grundman"

You can't master from a lacquer. I'm guessing they mean digital master by Botnick and cut by BG and the "from" is supposed to be "with" or "and."

So I am gonna sign back up, probably for 3 month. I want Freddie Gibbs and Darkside for sure. I wouldn’t mind Merl if C&W open back up and I would probably dig adding Nappy Roots, King Curtis, and Dorthy Ashby also. If I was gonna get a Doors LP I would grab an AP pressing as they aren’t gonna do any better than that.

Back