Vinyl Me Please Essentials

That one time I ordered a Smokey Robinson Anthology from discogs:
Sleeve VG+ meant it was falling apart at the seams, and the ring wear was visible from space.
Media NM meant that only 2 of the 3 discs were scratched to shit.
We need a better standard

Like to be that is poor quality and in fact that just feels worth nothing

We need a better standard

Like to be that is poor quality and in fact that just feels worth nothing
I wasn't impressed. Maybe have a discogs tribunal that you can send pics/video to and they'll dock like 10% of the sale price for every grade below what the seller advertised. Other orders were usually as described, but this one was just so far below what they advertised I could only laugh.

Some sellers on Discgs think any open record played more than one time starts at VG+.
This is closer to how Discog defines NM and VG+, unfortunately most sellers over grade their items.

This is closer to how Discog defines NM and VG+, unfortunately most sellers over grade their items.
A NM or M- record has more than likely never been played, and the vinyl will play perfectly, with no imperfections during playback.
tenor.gif

I will list albums as NM "played once, no issues, essentially new," to let the buyer know that I've listened to the album and there were no skips, etc. I think it's a fair and honest listing; some here may disagree with me. I'd rather buy an excellent play-graded copy than a sealed copy of an album with known issues...

I will list albums as NM "played once, no issues, essentially new," to let the buyer know that I've listened to the album and there were no skips, etc. I think it's a fair and honest listing; some here may disagree with me. I'd rather buy an excellent play-graded copy than a sealed copy of an album with known issues...
This is pretty ideal. I wish more sellers would provide details with their listings.

I do the same. Mint is sealed, and only sealed. NM is like new, only played once or twice and no cosmetic issues whatsoever. Most things I sell are NM because they are likely play once and store away albums.

Any cosmetic damage, however slight, or anything that effects playback, no matter how slight, knocks you out of NM

This is pretty ideal. I wish more sellers would provide details with their listings.

I do the same. Mint is sealed, and only sealed. NM is like new, only played once or twice and no cosmetic issues whatsoever. Most things I sell are NM because they are likely play once and store away albums.

Any cosmetic damage, however slight, or anything that effects playback, no matter how slight, knocks you out of NM
100%

If anything affects playback it should only be VG

So, under two hours until announcement time and other than Essentials and Country nothing is absolutely 100% for next month and nobody has done internet wizardry to pull up the images for the picks. This is something I'm not really used to and I'm scared.

So, under two hours until announcement time and other than Essentials and Country nothing is absolutely 100% for next month and nobody has done internet wizardry to pull up the images for the picks. This is something I'm not really used to and I'm scared.

Do we have any others confirmed for the next 3 months?

edit - the only ones I know are MIA & Shotgun Willie

Back