Vinyl Me Please Essentials

if anyone is wondering what the drink recipe that came with Aretha looks like when completed, here it is. I was looking through the VMP recipes that are sitting in my record shelf and this was the only one that I have all the ingredients for, on-hand.

It was actually really fucking good. The only problem is, it’s one of those drinks you can only have 1 or 2 of, because it’s very acidic and the raw egg white leaves a sort of film in your mouth. I’ll definitely make it again, though.

And if I’m making the drink, I should probably pair it with the record, right? All-in-all very enjoyable.BE493924-6D5A-435E-9787-CC5285E789CD.jpeg

if anyone is wondering what the drink recipe that came with Aretha looks like when completed, here it is. I was looking through the VMP recipes that are sitting in my record shelf and this was the only one that I have all the ingredients for, on-hand.

It was actually really fucking good. The only problem is, it’s one of those drinks you can only have 1 or 2 of, because it’s very acidic and the raw egg white leaves a sort of film in your mouth. I’ll definitely make it again, though.

And if I’m making the drink, I should probably pair it with the record, right? All-in-all very enjoyable.View attachment 46087

The only problem is, it’s one of those drinks you can only have 1 or 2 of, because it’s very acidic and the raw egg white leaves a sort of film in your mouth

Sounds appealing!!

Acidic, to me, is very appealing. Just gives me heartburn with too much. But, I’m a person who eats cucumbers soaked in apple cider vinegar, so I know high acidity isn’t for everyone. And the film is nothing more than say...eating anything cooked with bacon grease. Just don’t want my mouth to feel like that continuously during a night of drinking.

I know describing it that way makes it seem gross, but really it wasn’t. Well, to me.

Acidic, to me, is very appealing. Just gives me heartburn with too much. But, I’m a person who eats cucumbers soaked in apple cider vinegar, so I know high acidity isn’t for everyone. And the film is nothing more than say...eating anything cooked with bacon grease. Just don’t want my mouth to feel like that continuously during a night of drinking.

I know describing it that way makes it seem gross, but really it wasn’t. Well, to me.

I’ll take your word for it! 😜

I never really paid much attention to them, but yesterday I was struggling to make the 400th Old Fashioned of quarantine, so I decided to try anything new. Unfortunately, I could only make this one out of the few essentials albums I have. The Race for the Prize from the Flaming Lips album sounds like a great Sunday afternoon drink (and listen!), though, so I may be making a store run soon.

And if I’m making the drink, I should probably pair it with the record, right? All-in-all very enjoyable.View attachment 46087
This madlad actually made one of the drinks. In Tabakin's name, we pray.

Same, and when anyone but me opens the fridge, I get the proverbial WTF? my fridge has its own cocktail shelf. I love being a mixologist!
When we bought our current place, the fridge came with it. My wife didn't like it so we bought a new one and moved the old one to the back pantry. It is now the beer and cocktail creation fridge

Anyone else who has received Bella Donna underwhelmed by the mastering and pressing quality? On my system the highs are very tinny/shrill and I have a decent amount of surface noise throughout
Oh no, that’s not good to hear at all! Have you gave it a good clean?

If the vinyl is still pretty noisy throughout, you should ask for a replacement!

I’m expecting this VMP pressing of Bella Donna to sound amazing though, so it’s sad to hear you say it sounds underwhelming 😔

VMP has finally got back to me about what record I will be getting this month. I assumed it was TLC because that's what I swapped for. But apparently its Stevie Nicks I will be getting. Very annoying but looks like a great album anyway.
How irritating. How is there still a bug affecting people's swaps this late in without any active communication around it still being the case. Are they just shrugging and hoping it magically disappears for the next set?

I'm grabbing Bella Donna as well so with you on looking like a good album but I feel for you and that frustration.

VMP has finally got back to me about what record I will be getting this month. I assumed it was TLC because that's what I swapped for. But apparently its Stevie Nicks I will be getting. Very annoying but looks like a great album anyway.

My swaps page says Gorillaz, my orders page says Phrenology. Who knows what's gonna be in the box? If I had not watched this thread I would have received SnP because the system undid my swap automatically and without my knowledge. Chaos and uncertainty is just part of the VMP experience since at least a year now.

Chaos and uncertainty is just part of the VMP experience since at least a year now.

I agree but personally, this is the first time this particular thing has happened to me. I often back out of the VMP bashing on here because over the past 3-years I have been with them I have never been dissatisfied at the end (I have had my fair share of warps/damages but have always had replacements). I have also made use of their old store system and 'saved' a lot of money on records and equipment (speakers).

Saying that though the past few months has been a very poor service, including the fact I got last months ROTM after this months announcement. I'm going to stay optimistic for now and put some of it down to COVID-19. I know they aren't up to scratch anyway with their overall service, but the current situation will of made it worse for sure.

I hope you are getting Somme store credit or an extra month for your troubles. Stevie is great but that not what you ordered.

Back