Vinyl Me Please Essentials

Thank God we have you guys to decide which 42% for us.
What, Canada? Oh no, we wouldn't dare, we're very bad with decisions. I figured we'd just make it a race to the bottom. First 42% to get there win a first class one way ticket on a cannon ride to sun-ville. With all the free bleach and Lysol enemas they can handle. Then the rest of you can live on in quiet peace and harmony.

Last edited:
We were discussing doing Fleetwood Mac’s Tusk and, for whatever reason, that wasn’t going to be a possibility. We thought about doing maybe a different Fleetwood Mac title, but more and more, we were like, “but what about Stevie’s solo albums?”

so basically they just picked stevie nicks because tusk wasn't available and they found an album released around the same time

Bump of cocaine.
giphy.gif

Finally got my Stooges and Otis today. The Cale mix on the Stooges is great; it's practically a different album. It has a real Stooges-meets-Velvets vibe (no real surprise), but I actually prefer it quite a bit on the slower tunes. I am listening to the normal mix right now to compare. It seems messy in comparison. I'll keep both, obvs, but I could see myself listening to the Cale mix more often, honestly.

Also, my Stooges wax looks really great. On the platter, there is just one broad red stripe on one side of the label, but held up to the light there is a cool dark red/black nebula pattern.

Last edited:
I'm really surprised at how well Stevie Nicks appears to be selling, mostly on account of how common and how many pressings of it are already available.
I get the feeling it's like Queen. It might be everywhere, but it doesn't mean the majority of subscribers have previously picked it up. That's the camp my house falls into. I like Stevie. I like this album. But I see it everywhere all the time, so I know I don't need to rush to grab it. But if VMP is going to do the thinking for me... why not right? Especially given that I'm getting this version at the old grandfathered pricing.

A rare moment of praise and explanation of why I haven't cancelled my account yet.

Finally got The Stooges. The Cale mix is alright but I prefer the original so far. Probably just ingrained in me. Not a huge fan of the mix for I Wanna Be Your Dog. Is there supposed to be dropouts in the right channel at times?

I do miss a few things about the original mix of that one song. But I've decided that I prefer the Cale treatment of the album overall.

I get the feeling it's like Queen. It might be everywhere, but it doesn't mean the majority of subscribers have previously picked it up. That's the camp my house falls into. I like Stevie. I like this album. But I see it everywhere all the time, so I know I don't need to rush to grab it. But if VMP is going to do the thinking for me... why not right? Especially given that I'm getting this version at the old grandfathered pricing.

A rare moment of praise and explanation of why I haven't cancelled my account yet.
Right on. I’m in the same camp. In fact, this is exactly what VMP is supposed to actually be; a music curation service.

I like the stooges but it's clear that its proto punk and not full punk

The John cale mix does give a heavier edge but they clearly aren't yet at the state of fun house or raw power and certainly not need anything very fast soon. If a standard nonpost punk band made we will fall they would be like "wtf is this"

Back