Vinyl Me Please Classics

I just listened to miles Davis and John Coltrane, which I picked up off of eBay. It was in perfect condition and sounds great. As I said earlier, I’ve only been in since orientalists jazz. I’m looking to pick up a few earlier titles that I missed, starting with this one. I’m more of a jazz guy but I do love Nina Simone. Do you guys recommend that album? Thanks!
Yes that Nina pressing is the best I’ve heard.

Not Motown.

Guess Me, Please November 2019 #2
renderTimingPixel.png

Essentials is known: About Our Upcoming Records of the Month
Classics is a jazz album
RHH was released in the first half of 2019

Sweet. I’ll always take some more jazz. Did we have a release year for it? I want to say that it’s probably an artist that was featured in the anthology as he said they were going to revisit artists in anthology but through different albums. We just assumed they were talking about Motown

Sweet. I’ll always take some more jazz. Did we have a release year for it? I want to say that it’s probably an artist that was featured in the anthology as he said they were going to revisit artists in anthology but through different albums. We just assumed they were talking about Motown
1964 is the year.

From Reddit:

Me: Is Classics from a label you've collaborated with recently on their Anniversary?
Storfer: no
Me: So not Blue Note or Prestige. Thanks.

So a 1964 Jazz album, NOT from Blue Note or Prestige...

Could be Riverside... Concord owns both Riverside and Prestige, so VMP probably has a relationship.

ESP reissued this themselves a while back but I wonder if Ayler’s Spirits AKA Witches and Devils might be it. Freedom reissued it under the latter title and ORG have been putting the Freedom titles out with VMP grabbing variants like with Tutankhamun.
I think since it's supposedly a big label that rules both out. Maybe Mingusx5

Back