Vinyl Me Please Classics

I take that back. The last two minutes has several skips :(

Skips? Strange. I did notice some visible pimples on the last track, but didn't hear too much distortion, even with an advanced profile.

Do you see any unevenness on the play surface where the problem is? A pimple can cause a skip even on a good tracking setup, and if you got a shittier copy than me that could create some problems. Of course a setup out of whack can present issues itself.

Skips? Strange. I did notice some visible pimples on the last track, but didn't hear too much distortion, even with an advanced profile.

Do you see any unevenness on the play surface where the problem is? A pimple can cause a skip even on a good tracking setup, and if you got a shittier copy than me that could create some problems. Of course a setup out of whack can present issues itself.
Yeah my setup is dialed in. I didn’t see any vinyl defects and I can try to give it a deep clean but I didn’t see anything obvious in the grooves with the naked eye.

Yeah my setup is dialed in. I didn’t see any vinyl defects and I can try to give it a deep clean but I didn’t see anything obvious in the grooves with the naked eye.

Yeah I wouldn’t be shocked if this is causing the issue. The pimple would only have to be larger than two groove walls which isn’t big. Shame QRP still struggles with folk as their stuff is silent and flat otherwise.

Yeah I wouldn’t be shocked if this is causing the issue. The pimple would only have to be larger than two groove walls which isn’t big. Shame QRP still struggles with folk as their stuff is silent and flat otherwise.
Yeah it was absolutely perfect until the last song haha I was so pissed!

If we do get Art Blakey this month, does anyone have a fair estimate on how long this one will stick around? Will being a Blue Note release mean a month 1 sellout?

I check this out, and I really like it a lot. I think I'm gonna try to swap for Call Me, though, since it's back in the store.

If we do get Art Blakey this month, does anyone have a fair estimate on how long this one will stick around? Will being a Blue Note release mean a month 1 sellout?

I check this out, and I really like it a lot. I think I'm gonna try to swap for Call Me, though, since it's back in the store.
Well it will have me signing back up if that’s any indicator. I’m sure I’m not the only one pumped for a proper bop release.

Yeah this one will sell out pretty quickly I think. At the very least I feel a lot of people will sign up and try to get it if it is essentially another Tone Poet quality release.

This Isley Brothers is great. And had no idea Footsteps in the Dark was where Ice Cube sampled the sound for It Was A Good Day.

Spun it this morning and it sounds quite good. Though my copy is pretty dusty despite the spin-cleaning.

70s funk is always in my wheel house so I was sold on the music in advance.

Last edited:

My educated guess is that it will be a same-day sellout. Art Blakey is basically in the next tier of artists jazz newbies get into after your basic Miles/Coltrane/Mingus/Monk/etc. He’s “kind of a big deal” and also very accessible.

That said, it’s always possible that VMP will anticipate that and press more copies this month. Since they’re such a well-run business and all.

That said, it’s always possible that VMP will anticipate that and press more copies this month. Since they’re such a well-run business and all.
VMP seems to get more/less albums pressed depending on the artist or album. I don't think it will sell out on announcement day, but probably won't make it past the next months Swaptions. YMMV

So I'm planning on signing up early, just to be sure to be able to grab the Blue Note album. This will also give me a month before, for which I can pick a record. I want to grab either Al Green or the Isley Brothers. Would anyone here recommend one over the other for whatever reason?

So I'm planning on signing up early, just to be sure to be able to grab the Blue Note album. This will also give me a month before, for which I can pick a record. I want to grab either Al Green or the Isley Brothers. Would anyone here recommend one over the other for whatever reason?
Al Green, because it is a better album :p.

I don't have the Isley Bros., but from all reports, both are well done and AAA, so I'd say stream both and go with whichever you prefer.

Sooooo, I just checked the VMP website and Al Green is sold out 😓. I thought I had checked before and it was still available, but must have made that up.

Agree that Al Green is the better album, and more of the classic to own if you don’t. I think the Isley pick sounds better though, as it was just a better recording. I think Al will also be the one that will see stupid high resale prices on Discogs and Ebay too.

Edit: Saw that it’s gone. I think you’d be happy with the Isley Bros pick. It’s a good album if you like that smooth 70s sound, and a great reissue. Probably the best sounding one from VMP yet.

Last edited:
Agree that Al Green is the better album, and more of the classic to own if you don’t. I think the Isley pick sounds better though, as it was just a better recording. I think Al will also be the one that will see stupid high resale prices on Discogs and Ebay too.

Edit: Saw that it’s gone. I think you’d be happy with the Isley Bros pick. It’s a good album if you like that smooth 70s sound, and a great reissue. Probably the best sounding one from VMP yet.

I'm actually now also considering Jorge Ben and Experience Unlimited 😅 Might have to add a track or two

BUY ALL THREE OF THEM! Swap for The Isley Brothers and add Jorge Ben and Experience Unlimited! They all sound amazing and the music on all three releases are incredible! 🔥🔥🔥

Agreed, all have seen a lot of spins, and all sound great. Had some trouble with the pressing for EU, but there should be plenty of extra copies if you run into that.

Back