Vinyl Me Please Classics

The Fania titles will stick around for a while, right? If I had to guess, I'd say they'll hit the sale section in 3 months, just like every other Latin release VMP has done.
Yeah I think this is probably right. The Willie Colon might be the first to go but I don’t think it’s in too high of demand.

Can someone catch me up on the upcoming ROTMs confirmed?

Any news on channel orange?
Looks like this month it's going to be...
it's The Roots "How I Got Over", Jim Sullivan "UFO" and for Classics it's likely Art Blakey "The Freedom Rider" or "Free For All" (dark horse candidate is Horace Silver Song For My Father).

Last edited:
Looks like this month it's going to be...
it's The Roots "How I Got Over", Jim Sullivan "UFO" and for Classics it's likely Art Blakey "The Freedom Rider" or "Free For All" (dark horse candidate is Horace Silver Song For My Father).
The Horace Silver would not technically count as "group" would it.

Yeah it's confusing. Almost everything says January 1965 except discogs says Dec 1964. I think someone mentioned it earlier in the thread. No idea what is correct.

The Discogs entry cites an earlier issue of Billboard, but it does not give a link. It is possible that the release was delayed by a few weeks and the record arrived at the stores in 1965, but we cannot tell for sure until other corroborating pieces of evidence appear.

The Discogs entry cites an earlier issue of Billboard, but it does not give a link. It is possible that the release was delayed by a few weeks and the record arrived at the stores in 1965, but we cannot tell for sure until other corroborating pieces of evidence appear.
I'd say it's unlikely to be the AOTM at best, unless storf only checked discogs and nothing else and went with it, which wouldn't be terribly suprising! He'd probably check wiki first though.

Last edited:
I'd say it's unlikely to be the AOTM at best, unless storf only checked discogs and nothing else and went with it, which wouldn't be terribly suprising! He'd probably check wiki first though.
Haha yea I mean with a service that has claimed that they found some albums through late night discogs digging, I wouldn’t be surprised if they used discogs as the reference point for what year it came out...

For classics they also have the booklet that he should have either written or proof-read , so there should be more info around than just checking cogs and wiki

It's gonna be The Freedom Rider. Fits all the clues, plus if you read Storf's first hint, he says:
"We're back riding with our pals at Blue Note." I don't think the word choice was coincidence.
As bummed as I am that its not going to be Life Time, this album would be a fine consolation prize. Love the title track.

Back