Vinyl Me Please Classics

Is there a way to purchase two copies of The Freedom Riders? I'm already on the classics sub I just want to get one for a friend.

Add another track and swap for it(I think)

I think you have to email in to CS to request a swap for the 2nd copy, if they will let you. When you have selected a particular track/swap, you won't see an already selected item in another track's available swaps.

Glad we confirmed this great pick, my jazz collection is really weak and needs a serious boost. Wonder if RKS or Kevin Gray is going to cut it. Either is great in my book.
KG did the anthology stuff so I can't imagine anyone else would do this release. Seems like KG and Harley have the Blue Note masters on lock right now, which is fine by me.

Awesome, I'm in for this. Probably gonna keep The Roots in RHH as well, and swap Essentials for something out of my backlog (current front runner: Little Milton)

Idk, I see this one fairly regular in the used bins and at shows-I don't think it was ever considered rare or a highly sought after crate digger gem. You can get an original or '78 repress on DC for under a twenty. I mean, it's not like STAX wax is going to sound bad.

For The Freedom Rider, do you guys think they'll just do a standard reissue like the Anthology albums? It would be cool if they added the bonus tracks like the CD version on another disc but I'd say that's unlikely considering that it will be AAA. Hoping they'll do a jacket like MM or Tone Poet at least but I doubt they'll want to outdo the Anthology packaging for cheaper.

For The Freedom Rider, do you guys think they'll just do a standard reissue like the Anthology albums? It would be cool if they added the bonus tracks like the CD version on another disc but I'd say that's unlikely considering that it will be AAA. Hoping they'll do a jacket like MM or Tone Poet at least but I doubt they'll want to outdo the Anthology packaging for cheaper.
I would expect the sleeves to be along the lines of the Anthology. Maybe glossier, but it won't be gatefold with extra pics like MM/TP. I think they stated at one point that they try to replicate the original release as closely as possible for Classics, but who knows nowadays...

I would expect the sleeves to be along the lines of the Anthology. Maybe glossier, but it won't be gatefold with extra pics like MM/TP. I think they stated at one point that they try to replicate the original release as closely as possible for Classics, but who knows nowadays...
Hopefully they learned enough lessons from the anthology that the jacket is perfect.

Back