Vinyl Me Please Classics

Fixed that for ya ;)
Fair enough lol

But either way, not for me.

As an aside, one of the reasons why I got the Willie Bobo is that I don't have a lot of latin jazz in my collection, and it's been pretty annoying seeing these new records come through the pipe these past few days that are featuring Puente. I wish they'd released these for sale with last month's tracks being open

If that is indeed the October Classics, its not for me but that's okay. I have some past ROTM's that I want to swap for. Same with this month's RHH, that will likely be a swap for me too.

That being said, are people in these parts higher on the Eddie Floyd album, William Bell, Donald Byrd, or Lightmen Plus One?

If that is indeed the October Classics, its not for me but that's okay. I have some past ROTM's that I want to swap for. Same with this month's RHH, that will likely be a swap for me too.

That being said, are people in these parts higher on the Eddie Floyd album, William Bell, Donald Byrd, or Lightmen Plus One?
I love both the Eddie Floyd and William Bell records.

The Donald Byrd is my least favorite of those 4, but it’s still good

Lightmen. You’re welcome.

Donald Byrd is by very, very far my favorite of that bunch. Ultimately it just comes down to whether you prefer R&B or jazz, and if it’s jazz, then whether you want something more “out there” (Lightmen) or a bit more conservative (Byrd).

I like all of these, it comes down to my mood on any given day. You really can't go wrong with any.

I'm ecstatic over the likelihood we are getting a AAA, VMP treatment of The Freedom Rider..
However I'm already thinking about what to swap that October Classics ROTM for....Probably one of the recent AAA reissues they released like the Willie Bobo.
Yeah, unless someone on here convinced me that the October pick is awesome for a reason I’m missing, it’s a hard pass for me.

I'm ecstatic over the likelihood we are getting a AAA, VMP treatment of The Freedom Rider..
I'm listening to this for the first time right now...wow. I've been on the fence about grabbing that Dolphy sclusie, but with Saxophone Colossus already slated for my September box and now this Blakey album too, I don't think I need Dolphy right now.

This Isley Brothers sounds awesome!

I agree. I didn't know them other than their hits before this album but I loved it, and it sounds amazing! Great pressing. Unfortunately, I couldn't get through the booklet so I had to go to the internet for some history. Fascinating stuff.

You already know that the October Classics ROTM is ?!?!?!? 🤔
"And finally, at the end of September, Vinyl Me, Please will announce the Classics Record of the Month for October: A reissue of Johnny Pacheco and Celia Cruz’s Celia y Johnny. "

EDIT: Apparently I am very late on the draw for this one. Carry on everyone. :)

Picked-up Fania All Stars at Yankee Stadium. Those volumes are total fire if you like the genre. Those have been on my want list for a while, so I had to dip-in.

I'm a big FANIA fan and I probably would have picked up the other two if we were a few months ago... but I'll hold off and see. I love Willie Colon, but I prefer his 70s output. Will depend on how the remaster sounds. Looking forward to Celia & Johnny for October though.

And Art Blakey Freedom Rider in September? YES please!

Back