Vinyl Me Please Classics

With the jacket debacle, I wonder if they only printed as many new jackets as copies they sold. Perhaps not worth printing new jackets for the whole run. Since it appeared to be on VMPs end rather than Stoughton (or whomever printed the jacket).

What would they end up doing with all that unsold inventory? I can't imagine Hawkins was close to selling out after being in the store for only one month (just look at Sonny Rollins, that's only NOW on the verge of selling out).

I was thinking that maybe after getting out new jackets to people who already bought it, they put the rest on backburner and are getting around to it whenever they feel like doing it as I'm sure swapping records out by hand is an annoying and time-consuming process as opposed to just mailing out an empty jacket.

It's been about three months since the replacement jackets went out, so I kind of hoped the leftover stock would've shown up by now...

In other news, I echo @Ghost's sentiment and cannot wait for Dorothy Ashby.

What would they end up doing with all that unsold inventory? I can't imagine Hawkins was close to selling out after being in the store for only one month (just look at Sonny Rollins, that's only NOW on the verge of selling out).

I was thinking that maybe after getting out new jackets to people who already bought it, they put the rest on backburner and are getting around to it whenever they feel like doing it as I'm sure swapping records out by hand is an annoying and time-consuming process as opposed to just mailing out an empty jacket.

It's been about three months since the replacement jackets went out, so I kind of hoped the leftover stock would've shown up by now...

In other news, I echo @Ghost's sentiment and cannot wait for Dorothy Ashby.
I have no clue. But if the cost of reprinting is more than what they think they can make on the remaining copies... Who knows. Seems unlikely, but it's odd it hasn't shown back up again...

All in for Ashby. This is right up my alley and what I subscribe to Classics for.

I’m also considering grabbing that Little Milton album in swaps. Does anyone have any thoughts on the pressing? I’m assuming it’s not AAA since it’s an older Classics release.

All in for Ashby. This is right up my alley and what I subscribe to Classics for.

I’m also considering grabbing that Little Milton album in swaps. Does anyone have any thoughts on the pressing? I’m assuming it’s not AAA since it’s an older Classics release.
It's great. No complaints.

Man, I feel like I'm missing out on something with that Ashby ROTM. Frederick Knight and Leon Ware I skipped on, but at least I knew I wasn't alone, but I just can't get into this one despite seemingly everyone being pumped for it.

Man, I feel like I'm missing out on something with that Ashby ROTM. Frederick Knight and Leon Ware I skipped on, but at least I knew I wasn't alone, but I just can't get into this one despite seemingly everyone being pumped for it.
It’s definitely not for everyone. If you want a little less experimental but super groove oriented then check out Afro Harping from her. She’s made some great stuff earlier in her career too in the late 50’s.

Back