Vinyl Me Please Classics

Man, I feel like I'm missing out on something with that Ashby ROTM. Frederick Knight and Leon Ware I skipped on, but at least I knew I wasn't alone, but I just can't get into this one despite seemingly everyone being pumped for it.

Confession: I didn't care about Dreams and sold it. It did sound great though

Man, I feel like I'm missing out on something with that Ashby ROTM. Frederick Knight and Leon Ware I skipped on, but at least I knew I wasn't alone, but I just can't get into this one despite seemingly everyone being pumped for it.

I thought Ashby was good, but not $49US/record good, so I let my sub lapse. It's definitely an interesting record, and I'm sure it would sound great on the table, but I'm not sure it would get enough spins to warrant the cost.

I thought Ashby was good, but not $49US/record good, so I let my sub lapse. It's definitely an interesting record, and I'm sure it would sound great on the table, but I'm not sure it would get enough spins to warrant the cost.
Same, hit the cancel membership button today. Storf is now teasing "the most legendary quarter in VMP history" and it's going to take just that to make me pay $52 again. We're talking fantastic, can't find anywhere else records.

Same, hit the cancel membership button today. Storf is now teasing "the most legendary quarter in VMP history" and it's going to take just that to make me pay $52 again. We're talking fantastic, can't find anywhere else records.
Was he talking about Classics or everything?

Yeah, they would have to be fantastic. I keep coming back to do I want to spend $149 for 3 records of VMP Classics vs. $140 for 4 records of the Acoustic Sounds series.

Yeah, they would have to be fantastic. I keep coming back to do I want to spend $149 for 3 records of VMP Classics vs. $140 for 4 records of the Acoustic Sounds series.
Or do what I did, discover a new Canadian record shop and drop $200+ on 6 albums + another $60 on 2 reggae albums from my local + $50 or so on that RTJ2 album you swear is going to pass through customs any minute now. There's my 6 month membership give or take right there.

Man, even Reddit seems unimpressed by this.
Yeah, it's one of those things where you've been let down so many times it's hard to get truly excited. I'm sure once a couple of hints drop people will get more excited, only to find out it's like Coolio or some shit. RHH is the most hit or miss out of the bunch so I will have to see it to believe it.

Yeah, it's one of those things where you've been let down so many times it's hard to get truly excited. I'm sure once a couple of hints drop people will get more excited, only to find out it's like Coolio or some shit. RHH is the most hit or miss out of the bunch so I will have to see it to believe it.
Yep. Somebody let me know if they do Organized Konfusion. Might sign back up for that.

I am going to put this on and float off into motherfucking SPACE....
I’m so freaking excited!!!!!!!

It’s going to be such an experience! I anticipate it to be a highlight of 2021 for me when it comes to my enjoyment of vinyl listening!

Back