Vinyl Me Please Classics

Saving this for later.
I believe it very well much be because I’ve only had around 3 magical listening highlights so far this year on vinyl; Craft One-Step John Coltrane’s Lush Life, VMP M.I.A. Kala and VMP Leon Ware Musical Massage! Those three listening experiences are highlights for me where I’m truly amazed at how exceptional the music is and how stunning the pressings sound!

VMP The Strokes Room On Fire and Donna Summer Bad Girls were also extremely enjoyable but it won’t make the cut for my personal highlights for vinyl listening in 2021!

I believe it very well much be because I’ve only had around 3 magical listening highlights so far this year on vinyl; Craft One-Step John Coltrane’s Lush Life, VMP M.I.A. Kala and VMP Leon Ware Musical Massage! Those three listening experiences are highlights for me where I’m truly amazed at how exceptional the music is and how stunning the pressings sound!

VMP The Strokes Room On Fire and Donna Summer Bad Girls were also extremely enjoyable but it won’t make the cut for my personal highlights for vinyl listening in 2021!
Think my favorite vinyl listening experience this year is probably Dexter Gordon’s - One Flight Up. My looooorddddddd that is beaaAaaAaUitufl

Think my favorite vinyl listening experience this year is probably Dexter Gordon’s - One Flight Up. My looooorddddddd that is beaaAaaAaUitufl
I am going to purchase this one sometime this year! The Discogs reviews for it are incredible and then hearing you rave about the pressing means it’ll sound exceptionally exquisite!!! I’m so excited to buy this Tone Poet release and sit back and enjoy it!

It’s really good, you’ll love it.
Omg, I’m actually so excited actually because I think I’m going to drift and feel so much love and passion listening to this One Flighf Up pressing! I can’t afford to buy it now but I’m actually going to try and save and make more money so I can get a copy! This sounds so stupid but I have a feeling this Dexter Gordon ‘One Flight Up’ Tone Poet pressing might change my life!!! 💯♥️😍🙏🌈

I’ve been considering dipping in for a 1-month membership just for this Dorothy Ashby, but I’m not quite there yet. The music is delightful but the price is rough. I may be officially in “Channel Orange or bust”* territory with VMP.

* or any other of my 10-or-so white whales

I'm in the same boat. I love this album dearly; I have CD copies and the maligned 2006 Rainbo reissue. I've been considering a 1-month membership for this album, but the price is not in my budget at the moment. So, I may just stick it out with what I already have.

I’ve been considering dipping in for a 1-month membership just for this Dorothy Ashby, but I’m not quite there yet. The music is delightful but the price is rough. I may be officially in “Channel Orange or bust”* territory with VMP.

* or any other of my 10-or-so white whales

Got my subs open if you want to grab it. Would be around $40($33+tax+shipping) to get it shipped to you, though I may be a while in sending 😣

Omg, I’m actually so excited actually because I think I’m going to drift and feel so much love and passion listening to this One Flighf Up pressing! I can’t afford to buy it now but I’m actually going to try and save and make more money so I can get a copy! This sounds so stupid but I have a feeling this Dexter Gordon ‘One Flight Up’ Tone Poet pressing might change my life!!! 💯♥️😍🙏🌈

I got that, Genius + Soul= Jazz and Out of the cool in the same box. That was a good day!

I got that, Genius + Soul= Jazz and Out of the cool in the same box. That was a good day!
How did you find the pressing for Ray Charles’ Genius + Soul = Jazz ? 🤓

I haven’t got any of the past 6 Acoustic Sounds Series pressings...😭😭😭

There’s so much audiophile records I want from the Tone Poet and Acoustic Sounds series but I just can’t afford it! 😶

I really want the Acoustic Sounds pressing for Sarah Vaughn’s Self-titled and Peggy Lee’s Black Coffee! ☕😍

How did you find the pressing for Ray Charles’ Genius + Soul = Jazz ? 🤓

I haven’t got any of the past 6 Acoustic Sounds Series pressings...😭😭😭

There’s so much audiophile records I want from the Tone Poet and Acoustic Sounds series but I just can’t afford it! 😶

I really want the Acoustic Sounds pressing for Sarah Vaughn’s Self-titled and Peggy Lee’s Black Coffee! ☕😍

I liked them all. It seems like the tape for ray Charles isn’t the best and it runs hot in places, but I’m ok with that. The pressings are top notch and he music itself is very different than a lot of the Tone Poet stuff, which I like. I like that the AP stuff has some big band aspects to it. Black Coffee is amazing as well and it seems like they have a ton of good titles that will be released through the year, including Swinging Christmas.

I liked them all. It seems like the tape for ray Charles isn’t the best and it runs hot in places, but I’m ok with that. The pressings are top notch and he music itself is very different than a lot of the Tone Poet stuff, which I like. I like that the AP stuff has some big band aspects to it. Black Coffee is amazing as well and it seems like they have a ton of good titles that will be released through the year, including Swinging Christmas.
I'm waiting on Blakey's "Witch Doctor" and curtis amy & dupree bolton's "Katanga!" -- I put in the order same time as "black coffee" but peggy came first obvs, I am so looking forward to katanga.

Well, they got.me with the last chance email. Suddenly I needed a copy of The Doors to add on.

I have such a weird relationship with that band. I had a huge (stereotypical suburban) high school Doors phase that I think of them as somewhat juvenile because of that association. But I looked again at the track list and said: 'hey! That's a really good album!'

Last edited:
Well, they got.me with the last chance email. Suddenly I needed a copy of The Doors to add on.

I have such a weird relationship with that band. I had a huge (stereotypical suburban) high school Doors phase that I think of them as somewhat juvenile because of that association. Buy I looked again at the track list and said: 'hey! That's a really good album!'
I would be really stoked about this Doors Essentials if I didn't already have the AP pressing. Like you, I was a typical suburban stoner that absolutely adored The Doors when I was in my teens. At this point I really need to be in the mood but this album is a banger.

Back