Vinyl Me Please Classics

"it was a moment to test Franklin's mettle on an away court, the musical version of a football team dominating so mightily that they decide to conquer baseball too."

At this point I would love an option to maybe save $2 and they can keep these worthless little books of Storf's writings. They are actually starting to taint the music for me

"it was a moment to test Franklin's mettle on an away court, the musical version of a football team dominating so mightily that they decide to conquer baseball too."

At this point I would love an option to maybe save $2 and they can keep these worthless little books of Storf's writings. They are actually starting to taint the music for me
I have yet to read one.

Also, why does he write sentences that are nearly a paragraph in length? He’ll have ten commas in one sentence and it drives me crazy.

I just swapped for store credit. I really wanted to like it, but I just couldn't get into it and I'm pretty sure that I would have played it once and then it would just sat on the shelf forever. Maybe I'll revisit it if it's in the swaps in the future. Also, Storf is a terrible writer.

I just swapped for store credit. I really wanted to like it, but I just couldn't get into it and I'm pretty sure that I would have played it once and then it would just sat on the shelf forever. Maybe I'll revisit it if it's in the swaps in the future. Also, Storf is a terrible writer.
Im doing the same thing. Ive listened to the King Curtis album a couple times through on spotify and just dont think i would play it more than once. I wish it was more originals and less covers.

Sure sign of a poor writer is run on sentences. A good editor might help.

I think most good writers have good copy editors backing them up. See: George R.R. Martin's early A Song of Ice and Fire books where an editor helped keep the writing and pacing in check. Then see the books A Feast For Crows and A Dance With Dragons, where GRRM had gained enough sway to basically tell his editor "no, fuck off" at any edits and suggestions.

I'm not calling Storf a latter day GRRM, I'm just saying he probably never had an editor to begin with to reel his writing in. And that's not any real fault of his own, I just doubt VMP would bother paying someone to do that.

(if VMP is looking to hire someone though, hello, I'm a digital news copy editor with over 15 years of experience)

Back