Vinyl Me Please Classics

It’s weird that they are Gabor Szabo’s Dreams though... wonder why another label is reissuing it at the same time. It does seem like a very new Austrian label so who knows what the legitimacy is. Assuming it is Dreams...

You can get The Hawk Flies High on Amazon for the price of the old Classics rate. There's an OJC release from 2011.

You can get The Hawk Flies High on Amazon for the price of the old Classics rate. There's an OJC release from 2011.
That’s a great deal! I’ve heard great things about OJC actually! I’m going to go with the VMP exclusive however if it ends up being the pick, as it will be pressed at QRP and will be AAA and I love the VMP Classics track in general!

I love Gábor Szabó’s Dreams! Listened to it the other day and it’s a magnificent album! I would be extremely happy if it ends up being the October Classics ROTM! 😊

giphy.gif

That was more for others.

I love Gábor Szabó’s Dreams! Listened to it the other day and it’s a magnificent album! I would be extremely happy if it ends up being the October Classics ROTM! 😊

My only real exposure to Gabor Szabo was a greatest hits Impulse release I inherited from my late mother-in-law and was never too impressed by it... but listening to Dreams and this is legit good.

If it ends up being this I’ll probably still swap for last month’s Rollins but I’ll definitely pick it up some time down the road.

Dreams would be an excellent choice, need more of that type of music in my cribbo. Will probs walk away this month with Dreams and John Lee Hooker if available, hopefully Redman sticks around for a bit. Think I’ve decided to pass on Stankonia :/

Sorry if this has been thrown out there but what about Gil Scott Heron for December? Would be an interesting choice and not exactly ”soul,” but it’s VMP so anything can be soul.

Back