Vinyl Me Please Classics

Art Taylor's from New York so I guess it's not him for November. Diana Ross is from Detroit, not Chicago. Curtis Mayfield is but that was ruled out by Storf, I thought.

Yes LITA is doing Dreams, so I had thought it was Bacchanal. However, when I asked if it was Bacchanal I got, "It's not that album.", which I took as correct artist, wrong album. 🤷‍♂️

Interesting. Well Dreams was his only other 1968 album on Skye. They've never double dipped a reissue in Classics like this before if it is Dreams.

i am kinda hoping its dreams because i.... really like this so far

its almost post rock like

art taylor is not from missouri

I thought this was referring only to the October ROTM and going along with the “released on his own label,” as the other two who founded Skye Records were Cal Tjader (born in Missouri) and Gary McFarland (born in... California... so... nevermind)

Art Taylor's from New York so I guess it's not him for November. Diana Ross is from Detroit, not Chicago. Curtis Mayfield is but that was ruled out by Storf, I thought.

Yeah, back to the drawing board for those two.

Clark Terry is from St. Louis and only had two albums out on Riverside, both in 1957.
Edit: Serenade to a Bus Seat is with Johnny Griffin and the Wynton Kelly Trio. That's be pretty sweet.

Yeah, back to the drawing board for those two.

Clark Terry is from St. Louis and only had two albums out on Riverside, both in 1957.
Edit: Serenade to a Bus Seat is with Johnny Griffin and the Wynton Kelly Trio. That's be pretty sweet.

Hmmm, wikipedia says he had 4 on riverside.

ben webster is from kansas city but NOT anything in 57 or one release of 2 on a label (and they already did soulville)

Donny Hathaway is from Chicago
Dang! Disappointing after the Speakers Corner pressing of Everything is Everything sounds great! I’ll be getting this Classics ROTM for sure still! I can still return my Speakers Corner pressing on Amazon, but feel a bit bad for doing so as there’s nothing wrong with it.....

The Nat Turner reissue came out over a year later, and Speakers Corner is in Germany so I dont think VMP cares. Point taken on Lloyd Miller though.
It doesn't matter if VMP cares or not, one can't claim they are "exclusive" in any way if a similar quality European press is readily available for cheaper. I don't care though, that's just marketing. I'm happy with my VMP Call Me.

Back