Vinyl Me Please Classics

Apparently Gabor Szabo was one of the artists that lost masters in the Universal fire. Do we know for sure this one is AAA?

Maybe just his Impulse stuff possibly? Hopefully the Skye masters that are being used are the OGs but who knows.
Did they not say a while back they were all AAA except for one? One that I think already happened? I can remember the specifics...

Did they not say a while back they were all AAA except for one? One that I think already happened? I can remember the specifics...

Yeah it was Garner but that record still sounded amazing with the plangent process.

It’s possible when they said there was only one non-AAA in the pipeline (Garner) they hadn’t planned this far down yet and this also won’t be AAA.

Yeah it was Garner but that record still sounded amazing with the plangent process.

It’s possible when they said there was only one non-AAA in the pipeline (Garner) they hadn’t planned this far down yet and this also won’t be AAA.
I THOOOOUGHT they said for the rest of the year. But again, could be wrong.

Kind of glad we have moved away from JCO. Im sure the pressing would be great but I cant be doubling up on stuff. Looks like its going to be a great jazz filled few months though, @NathanRicaud found a link to Lady Sings The Blues for their December Essentials!
And Lady Sings The Blues is an exceptional jazz album! I love that album so much! It’s such a great album to finish off 2020! 👏👏👏

They came out swinging with all these picks, ngl. Think the one I’m least into is Mamas Gun, most excited for Billie Holiday
Least excited for Mama’s Gun!?!?! 😱

Are you not into Mama’s Gun??? That is a neo-soul masterpiece which came out the same year as Voodoo! 👀

I’ll probably get all three of these! Very good picks to end the year on! Gotta say I’m a bit surprised with Dreams though since that is getting a LITA reissue as well.

They came out swinging with all these picks, ngl. Think the one I’m least into is Mamas Gun, most excited for Billie Holiday
They seem to be great picks for lots of folks, but I'm not into Stankonia, Mama's Gun or Billie at all. I might get Billie depending on source quality but it'll have to be pretty good. I'm excited for these classics, though.

Back