Vinyl Me Please Anthology

From the head over reactor on this forum... I don't think you're over reacting.

However, due to the first part of the previous sentence, I might not be the best authority...

Yeah I basically used the test of "if it doesn't touch the platter at all its not good enough. If it touches for a second but effects sound with my current set up, it's not good enough" which seems like it should be a low bar

How does that Sinatra sound compared to the 100 repress? Anyone care to compare?
Overall, it sounds fine although my pressings are a bit warped. I’ve gotta dig up the sourcing of the Sinatra 100 pressing. I don’t believe that the 2015 pressing was an AAA transfer but UMG was never good at explicitly telling the audience shit about the sources.

Some Steve Hoffmann Forum threads were dedicated to figuring those details out. Will have more later tonight.

If they send you a replacement of the Sinatra at the Sands and a new jacket…I’d be down to buy the warped one from ya if you’re in the US…
will let you know. all the other anthologies so far have been without jackets for replacements.

will let you know. all the other anthologies so far have been without jackets for replacements.
Thanks! Asked since I had a replacement for the Zamrock box and got replacement sleeve + album but figured they might not do that anymore…that was the only album I really wanted from the Quincy box

Overall, it sounds fine although my pressings are a bit warped. I’ve gotta dig up the sourcing of the Sinatra 100 pressing. I don’t believe that the 2015 pressing was an AAA transfer but UMG was never good at explicitly telling the audience shit about the sources.

Some Steve Hoffmann Forum threads were dedicated to figuring those details out. Will have more later tonight.

I have the 2016 pressing. It sounds good, don't know if it's AAA. Just looked at cogs & nearly fell off my chair. I didn't expect that to go up in value at all.

I have the 2016 pressing. It sounds good, don't know if it's AAA. Just looked at cogs & nearly fell off my chair. I didn't expect that to go up in value at all.
Yea it’s crazy! I don’t even think it’s OOP…just backordered everywhere. Hoping they repress it

surprised still. hopefully this one is all flat.
I got the QJ Anthology. The first 4 albums were fine but unfortunately the last 4 albums all had issues with 3 having repeatable popping after a clean and anti-static and then 1 with significant warping.

They just shipped out replacements without jackets so will have to see how they show up. I am fine with that to avoid people flipping a bunch of records that had issues online.

This is similar to replacements for the Vanguard Anthology but I wasn't impressed with how their warehouse just threw the sleeves into the regular old VMP box and shipped it out. It came loaded with dust and all sorts of stuff.

Back-to-back anthologies from GZ have me kicking myself for not listening to folks on the VMP subreddit to avoid them. I really dig the QJ anthology and hope I can get a clean copy. The Wiz isn't my favorite but digging everything else!

I got the QJ Anthology. The first 4 albums were fine but unfortunately the last 4 albums all had issues with 3 having repeatable popping after a clean and anti-static and then 1 with significant warping.

They just shipped out replacements without jackets so will have to see how they show up. I am fine with that to avoid people flipping a bunch of records that had issues online.

This is similar to replacements for the Vanguard Anthology but I wasn't impressed with how their warehouse just threw the sleeves into the regular old VMP box and shipped it out. It came loaded with dust and all sorts of stuff.

Back-to-back anthologies from GZ have me kicking myself for not listening to folks on the VMP subreddit to avoid them. I really dig the QJ anthology and hope I can get a clean copy. The Wiz isn't my favorite but digging everything else!

Yeah last few anthologies replacements have been like that. Gets super dusty

Bought an exclusive Impulse 60th anniversary zine direct from the label. Here’s a centerfold that highlights some of the more notes le titles in the history of the label (most likely as dictated by their marketing and executive team).

Inspiration for the next anthology?

Attachments

• F2E6DF57-CF6A-461B-BC10-92C9EC69575B.jpeg
    F2E6DF57-CF6A-461B-BC10-92C9EC69575B.jpeg
    287 KB · Views: 26
Bought an exclusive Impulse 60th anniversary zine direct from the label. Here’s a centerfold that highlights some of the more notes le titles in the history of the label (most likely as dictated by their marketing and executive team).

How is that zine? I saw it advertised, but was skeptical hesitant for $15...

Last edited:

Interesting there's no Alice Coltrane.

Back