Vinyl Me Please Anthology

I don't think there is any way for VMP to have known about this unless you want them to open every single one and check runouts versus labels again this is on the plant which is a high end one and somewhat common.
At my job I subcontract out work that ultimately gets delivered to the end user through me. To my clients, I and I alone am the face of my company, regardless of who I subcontracted work out to. My customers expect a flawless product from me and do you know who’s at fault if I don't deliver? Hint: it’s me...While my subcontractor very well may have dropped the ball, my customer really doesn’t care about that and ultimately just expects an exceptional final product. I’d say it’s something VMP should take up with the pressing plant because whoever is at fault really isn’t of concern to me. I just expect to receive what was sold to me, which again is an exceptionally high end box set

At my job I subcontract out work that ultimately gets delivered to the end user through me. To my clients, I and I alone am the face of my company, regardless of who I subcontracted work out to. My customers expect a flawless product from me and do you know who’s at fault if I don't deliver? Hint: it’s me...While my subcontractor very well may have dropped the ball, my customer really doesn’t care about that and ultimately just expects an exceptional final product. I’d say it’s something VMP should take up with the pressing plant because whoever is at fault really isn’t of concern to me. I just expect to receive what was sold to me, which again is an exceptionally high end box set
Again this is something that just happens nice plant or not, I am sure VMP will contact them but this is not a fixable problem and not on VMP at all, I get they severely screwed up other things but this isn't something even if VMP sub-contracted the plant that can be blamed on them. This happens quite a bit this is one (maybe only ) thing you can't blame VMP for and won't be fixed even for a high-end boxset. This is a fact of life for vinyl

The thing is, if this was the only error, it's be way more understandable. Out of four records, they've screwed up two.
Three actually. Horace Silver is labeled as Stereo when it is in fact mono. The shitty CD cover scan for Dexter Calling and now mislabeled sides for Wayne Shorter. Not to mention small things like the originally advertised foiled stamped boxes that magically became hand-numbered day the last minute, blah blah blah... It’s f*ing frustrating.

Again this is something that just happens nice plant or not, I am sure VMP will contact them but this is not a fixable problem and not on VMP at all, I get they severely screwed up other things but this isn't something even if VMP sub-contracted the plant that can be blamed on them. This happens quite a bit this is one (maybe only ) thing you can't blame VMP for and won't be fixed even for a high-end boxset. This is a fact of life for vinyl
Still sounds great so there’s that, I guess. I am still curious to know how many people received a mislabeled copy of Schizophrenia...

You keep saying this happens quite a bit but I don't have any records like this. I know it is possible, but rare, not common.

Edit:VMP could still check it when they received them and complain and get it addressed by the plant. I'd be surprised if the plant had a contract that said, if we screw up, tough shit. It's not like it is possible for just one of the records to be mislabeled.

You keep saying this happens quite a bit but I don't have any records like this. I know it is possible, but rare, not common.

Edit:VMP could still check it when they received them and complain and get it addressed by QRP. I'd be surprised if a plant like QRP had a contract that said, if we screaming up, tough shit. It's not like it is possible for just one of the records to be mislabeled.

Enoch is one of those record dudes who thinks everyone else is dumb and talks down to everybody. So, take whatever he tells you with a grain of salt. I agree with you. This isn't common. Not for something like this.

Well, mislabeling can affect an entire batch from a stamper unless the problem is caught mid-process (which is unlikely). Since this is supposed to be an audiophile pressing, 500 copies are probably pressed from a single stamper (even though 1,000 is also plausible).

Well, mislabeling can affect an entire batch from a stamper unless the problem is caught mid-process (which is unlikely). Since this is supposed to be an audiophile pressing, 500 copies are probably pressed from a single stamper (even though 1,000 is also plausible).
I don't know about a whole stamper but at least as many labels fit in the hopper.

Edit:VMP could still check it when they received them and complain and get it addressed by the plant. I'd be surprised if the plant had a contract that said, if we screw up, tough shit. It's not like it is possible for just one of the records to be mislabeled.

I have several from different plants

Enoch is one of those record dudes who thinks everyone else is dumb and talks down to everybody. So, take whatever he tells you with a grain of salt. I agree with you. This isn't common. Not for something like this.

glad you have already pegged me, nice to meet you too

I’ve had a few reissues with this problem. Folks get sloppy at all kinds of pressing plants.

Three actually. Horace Silver is labeled as Stereo when it is in fact mono. The shitty CD cover scan for Dexter Calling and now mislabeled sides for Wayne Shorter. Not to mention small things like the originally advertised foiled stamped boxes that magically became hand-numbered day the last minute, blah blah blah... It’s f*ing frustrating.

It's actually all four, as The Natural Soul reproduces the mono issue with the "High Fidelity" on the back top left instead of "Stereo."

I understand and I suppose the frequency is a moot point, but I think it is weird that you think that VMP quality control (ha?) bears no responsibility for defects after the records are pressed.
Unfortunately they don’t have in-house quality control. They rely on the qc of the manufacturer. And records are shipped directly to their fulfillment warehouse where packers are not responsible for what records look like in sealed jackets. But I agree they are ultimately responsible and that emails to CS are absolutely warranted.

Back