Vinyl Me Please Anthology

I mean before the forum was nuked, Storf said there would be lots of articles run in conjunction with the Woodstock box, have there been any? And he is still actively soliciting articles on Twitter. VMP is complete amateur hour.

In fairness, who wants to write about Woodstock in a positive light? It was basically the inception of music capitalism. While that angle would be fun to write about, that's not going to help VMP sell expensive box sets.

In fairness, who wants to write about Woodstock in a positive light? It was basically the inception of music capitalism. While that angle would be fun to write about, that's not going to help VMP sell expensive box sets.
I feel like those box sets will sit around for all of eternity (or at least hope so). Pressing 1,000 of that is insane, especially if the sound quality isn’t that great in the first place. I wonder how many they’ve actually sold?

I'm pretty sure he prefers catching flights out of Burbank as opposed to LAX whenever possible. Hopefully he will confirm on the AMA.
Yeah I mean I think the question here really is does he prefer the I-5 straight shot to Burbank or are we talking the 170 to Ventura? This is important shit...

Yeah I mean I think the question here really is does he prefer the I-5 straight shot to Burbank or are we talking the 170 to Ventura? This is important shit...

You almost have be convinced till you said 170 to Ventura. 101 or if you really know what you are doing 126, but that's only if you wnat to pick up some oranges.

I feel like those box sets will sit around for all of eternity (or at least hope so). Pressing 1,000 of that is insane, especially if the sound quality isn’t that great in the first place. I wonder how many they’ve actually sold?

The thing is, VMP's Woodstock box looked to just be a reshuffling of everything that was in the 25th anniversary box. If they'd done some type of pressing of unrelreased stuff like Rhino did, I'd have jumped on it.

Last edited:
How does everyone feel about the people who tend to post quite a lot of pictures of jazz albums without any actual content about them on the FB group?
I've never been a user of the facebook but based on what others are saying, the only thing I've missed is the helpful suggestions from @seeirwin but he was kind enough to re-post them here and that's been hugely helpful. I looked at this purchase from an education angle; the box sex touts six different jazz styles, so I expected to learn the differences through explanation rather than just listening and trying to figure out what was different.

Records three and four arrived today. The corners of the shipping box were a little banged up but there are no corner dings on the outer sleeves.

Part of the pitch from VMP was "We’ll also be dropping exclusive content, AMAs, listening parties, giveaways and discounts for this group." By "for this group" did they mean the facebook group? I ask because I haven't caught wind of any of these extras.

I've never been a user of the facebook but based on what others are saying, the only thing I've missed is the helpful suggestions from @seeirwin but he was kind enough to re-post them here and that's been hugely helpful. I looked at this purchase from an education angle; the box sex touts six different jazz styles, so I expected to learn the differences through explanation rather than just listening and trying to figure out what was different.

Records three and four arrived today. The corners of the shipping box were a little banged up but there are no corner dings on the outer sleeves.

Part of the pitch from VMP was "We’ll also be dropping exclusive content, AMAs, listening parties, giveaways and discounts for this group." By "for this group" did they mean the facebook group? I ask because I haven't caught wind of any of these extras.

Nothing

Back