Vinyl Me Please Anthology

I‘ll give them the benefit of the doubt (haha) and until the middle of the week, then I’ll go in hard!
Yeah I've already emailed in with videos and pics, nothing yet.
Now... I did just discover that my back up cleaning solution has developed that old cloudy mould thing that some of these do. So that probably didn't help with the clicks I'm hearing, but I also do a wash that should clear that up. But I used that solution up until this week on multiple other records that played perfectly clean so I don't think that's necessarily the issue with the noise, but it can't help. I'll be re cleaning these this week with new enzyme solution. But the no fill crackle, warps, off centre labels, gouged edges and crushed sleeves with the first tracks actually rubbing against the inside of the jacket obviously have nothing to do with my cleaning solution... I have noticed with these a lot more noise at the top of the first track on each side, I'm sure this has to do with the records rubbing against the jacket outside the crushed sleeves...

Ah that’s rotten! I can’t say I haven‘t had a few warped records from VMP, but I’ve only had to request one replacement because it was really bad and that was Buena Vista Social Club.
I bought a flattener so warps don't bother me much, I also have a screw down clamp. With Buena Vista I had repeated pops and no fill on both copies. Waiting for a third.

Ah very good! My BVSC record one was fine and the second was non fill and warps. I’m waiting for my copy to arrive too.
Yeah same here, both copies I think disc one was a poppy mess. Disc 2 was okay. And I KNOW that master is flawless (the original Grundman at least) so I knew it had to be a pressing thing rather than a dodgy master.

Well I will say, after a second and third rinse WMD sounds much better. The little tics are still there but they are much quieter. So that gives me some hope, it still has a weird wavy warp that's probably the main reason for these tics, but on the whole it sounds better. So that's good. The less discs I need replaced the better...

@HiFi Guy I bought 4 bottles of your Chisto stuff. Looking forward to trying it out. No more Okki Nokki alcohol for me...

Well I will say, after a second and third rinse WMD sounds much better. The little tics are still there but they are much quieter. So that gives me some hope, it still has a weird wavy warp that's probably the main reason for these tics, but on the whole it sounds better. So that's good. The less discs I need replaced the better...

@HiFi Guy I bought 4 bottles of your Chisto stuff. Looking forward to trying it out. No more Okki Nokki alcohol for me...
That's the spirit. More posts like this!

I bought a flattener so warps don't bother me much, I also have a screw down clamp. With Buena Vista I had repeated pops and no fill on both copies. Waiting for a third.
Be careful with a flattener and QRP pressings. I have had bad luck with their vinyl formulations (both black and color) and a vinyl flat. Any time I’ve tried to flatten a QRP record in the last 2-3 years I am left with a wooshing background noise. If I get a warped QRP now, which is more often than it should be, then I just immediately request an exchange.

Be careful with a flattener and QRP pressings. I have had bad luck with their vinyl formulations (both black and color) and a vinyl flat. Any time I’ve tried to flatten a QRP record in the last 2-3 years I am left with a wooshing background noise. If I get a warped QRP now, which is more often than it should be, then I just immediately request an exchange.
Yikes. Well, I have a Furutech but I haven't yet tried to flatten a QRP. Might be the same outcome as the vinyl flat. In the case of this box set I won't be settling for a warped disc, even with my flattener. I paid enough money I shouldn't have to leave it to chance that I'm able to flatten the disc myself. But thanks for the heads up.

Just got a reply from VMP regarding the Dead Anthology:

“Hey Jonny,

Thanks for reaching out and for your support of VMP! I am so sorry to hear that you have received some damaged or defective albums in your GD Box Set. We will be has some new copies of those damaged titles sent out your way once we receive our shipment of those in late November. Be on the lookout for an email with tracking information for those replacements in late November or early December.

We apologize for the inconvenience and I hope this finds you well. Feel free to reach back out should you need anything else or have any further questions :)

Matt
Customer Support Agent
VMP”

Hmmm. Explains why they haven't shipped my box. They obviously don't have it.

On another note was spinning my Rhino 2011 WMD before. Looking forward to comparing the box version but it'll really have to go some if it's bettering it. Are yours in any sort of shape to do a comparison?

Back