Vinyl Me Please Anthology

Just for the record, The AB matrix is:
R1-631404-C
081227906818 CB

I didn't look through every pressing but it didn't match the 2011 or the 50th Anniversary pressing.

All of the matrix on each record I looked at follow this pattern. The only difference I noticed was the letter after R1-631404 changes depending on the disc. So WMD is A and B, AB is C and D and so on. It appears the matrix is basically done as the complete package, rather than disc to disc. Which is cool.

Last edited:
Just for the record, The AB matrix is:
R1-631404-C
081227906818 CB

I didn't look through every pressing but it didn't match the 2011 or the 50th Anniversary pressing.

All of the matrix on each record I looked at follow this pattern. The only difference I noticed was the letter after R1-631404 changes depending on the disc. So WMD is A and B, AB is C and D and so on. It appears the matrix is basically done as the complete package, rather than disc to disc. Which is cool.
Going to be sitting there with a notepad and stop watch the first time I play these. Despite VMP sort of doing me a solid it's so expensive that I'm taking a zero tolerance approach to any issues. No matter how small they may seem.

I wonder what the $/album is now on the VMP side after reducing the run because unless they thought ahead (ha!) and negotiated a lower run into the contract in a worst-case scenario, I doubt they were able to reduce the licensing fees

So what issues have you encountered so far?
I literally have only really looked at that one Reckoning disc. I'm working the next two days then I'll clean and listen after that. It was warped slightly, pressed off centre slightly and had those marks. But honestly all 3 were minor. But for this price I do not care. Replacement disc requested.
On visual inspection the other discs I looked at looked fine, package was Mint despite clearly being dropped, no splits, jackets are perfect. It's a very nice looking package.

What is the wird pressing issue? I guess I'm lucky idk how to tell/hear if something is pressed off center.
20201026_153657.jpg
You see all those little marks? They're mostly around the run out deadwax but they also appear on the actual grooves in spots as well. Causes light clicks, it's minor. But for the price, nope. They aren't scratches, looks like the clear vinyl cured improperly or something...

Last edited:
Smithtown, NY
Oh shit, I think mine is on its way then. No notice, but yeah informed delivery

edit: oh never mind I guess it’s not it. I thought I saw that but it’s changed or something? I’m confused

edit edit: oh never mind again... it IS on its way.

Last edited:
Reactions: mgp
Back